The Lead Business Analyst will support AAMVA’s IT Division. The IT Division is responsible for the development and operations of information systems for the State and Federal agencies doing business related to, or using information from the administration of motor vehicles and driver licenses.
The Lead Business Analyst will function as a subject matter expert for AAMVA’s systems and solutions. This role is responsible for business and technical analysis; documentation of standards, processes and requirements; building business process models; and writing system specifications. Additionally the role provides on-going support to system users as needed.
The Lead Business Analyst will collaborate with other members of the project teams to complete project tasks. The Lead Business Analyst will also mentor other analysts and developers on business requirements for AAMVA systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gathers business and technical requirements for new systems or changes to existing systems
- Analyzes and documents business requirements / processes and communicates these requirements to stakeholders
- Conducts working group sessions with stakeholders to provide status updates, discuss requirements and address issues. Formulates agendas, produces meeting minutes and ensures follow-up for action items.
- Provides input into developing and modifying systems to meet stakeholder needs and develops specifications to support these modifications
- Translates high-level requirements into detail requirements suitable for software design and development
- Documents requirements in the form of user stories and reviews them with the agile project team
- Collaborates with developers, testers and other project team members and serves as the primary POC for requirements clarification
- Manages requirements traceability information and tracks requirements status throughout the project
- Participates in requirements prioritization
- Reviews the test plans developed by the development and testing teams to ensure that they meet the requirements.
Direct Reports to this Position:
No direct reports.
Bachelor's degree in a related field and 8+ years of experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Eight years of progressive experience in business analysis, systems analysis and design in large-scale projects across multiple organizations
- Proficiency in writing technical documentation
- Experience in documenting business processes and requirements
- Experience with web services, UML and XML is highly desired
- Experience with agile processes for software development is highly desired
- Experience with writing user stories in agile projects is highly desired
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Must be able to work independently and as an effective team member
- Development and presentation of briefings to stakeholders
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to produce high-quality customer deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to capture customer requirements and develop a concept of operations based on customer's needs
- Must be able to obtain a moderate risk Federal public trust clearance. The public trust clearance process authorizes the Federal government to perform background investigation for identifying negative criminal, medical, and financial findings. It should be understood that if an offer for employment is accepted that continued employment in the position is contingent upon obtaining the clearance.
Disclaimer Statement: The preceding job description has been written to reflect management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.