The Lead Business Intelligence (BI) Developer will design, develop and maintain reporting and analytics applications for the Enterprise Analytics organization. This position will partner with the Enterprise Analytics team to drive Business Intelligence strategy, assess and implement Business Intelligence tools, facilitate user adoption of BI assets, and develop OLAP and semantic data layers for BI consumption.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Design, develop and support reporting and analytics applications leveraging tools such as Cognos BI, Microsoft Power BI, Cognos TM1, and Microsoft Analysis Services technologies.
- Gather and translate requirements from end-users to develop and maintain the BI architecture
- Lead the development of Cognos Framework Manager packages, Cognos Transformer cubes, Microsoft Power BI models, and other BI assets that will be consumed by the Enterprise Analytics team to build reports and dashboards as well as to perform ad-hoc analysis.
- Design, develop, and support the semantic data layer.
- Design, develop, and support multi-dimensional analysis with various OLAP technologies.
- Partner with the Data Services team and Information Management team for data integration and data modeling needs.
- Partner with the Master Data Management and Data Governance teams to ensure that reporting solutions will use governed KPIs and approved data sources.
- Provide input to the overall Business Intelligence strategy for the enterprise.
- Participate in Proof of Concepts and product evaluations.
- Lead the development of BI solutions using various data sources (e.g. SQL relational and multi-dimensional, unstructured data, TM1, and Power Play cubes.)
- Provide support to the Enterprise Analytics organization to resolve application issues in a timely manner.
- Perform data analysis to troubleshoot data issues with the BI solutions and data integration processes.
- Provide training to internal customers and drive solution adoption
- Lead and guide other BI analysts and developers on the team
- Provide strategic direction, perform code reviews, and ensure that all products that are designed/built adhere to Enterprise Analytics standards and development best practices
- Embrace internal support methodologies and SDLC best practices and continuously strive to improve the systems and processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management or related field
- At least six (6) years of technology implementation and development experience with a Business Intelligence tool
- Previous experience in managing projects, tasks, and people
- Expert level understanding of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Solid understanding of data integration technologies and database concepts
- Experience with OLAP Architecture and Administration
- Experience in Business Intelligence (BI) solutions, multi-dimensional cubes, and relational models
- Experience in data management or computer programming
- Experience with tools such as Cognos Framework Manager, Cognos Transformer, Cognos TM1, Microsoft Analysis Services, and Microsoft Power BI
- Master’s Degree
- Client facing, able to converse in clear concise manner with business customers
- Experience with Cloud technologies such as Azure and modern ecosystems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Expert-level expertise with Cognos Framework Manager, Cognos OLAP products (Power Play, Dynamic Cubes), Microsoft Analysis Services, Cognos TM1, and/or Microsoft Power BI
- Strong expertise with tuning OLAP components for faster access and performance
- Ability to work in both application development and operational support capacities
- Proficient in implementing user level and data level security
- Complete understanding of data warehouse modeling, architectures, OLAP, OLTP data sets, etc.
- Knowledge of developing design documents and solutions that match the business requirements.
- Ability to work with data warehousing standards, strategies, and tools
- Strong communication skills to interact with team members, clients, and support personnel
- Expertise in following, building, and improving on development best practices