Lead C++ Engineer
for a FULL TIME
assignment with in New York, NY.
My client is seeking a Lead C++ Engineer to join a team responsible for systems development in a high throughput, low latency trading environment. The engineer will have experience in all phases of software development lifecycle, from requirements gathering, to design, coding, unit testing, debugging and supporting in production.
The successful candidate will play a key role in building low-latency, high capacity and error-free multi asset routing applications, matching engines or back end software systems to continue to maintain a leading position in low-latency trading. The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable in multi-threading, relational database systems, C/C++ and associated debuggers. Strong written and oral communication as the applicant will frequently be interacting with the business and sales teams to achieve strategic business goals
- The system is a new multi-asset class trading platform.
- Overall design of the System (Reference data, Inbound Market Data handling, Smart order handling, Market data publication, Outbound routing, Post trade data and Monitoring system)
- New Protocol design and implementation for System Native Gateways
- Production hardware and server implementation
- Order flow latency reduction of more than 100's of microseconds
Knowledge and Experience:
- Analyze requirements and propose technical solutions in delivering projects within expected parameters of cost, time and quality
- Work with project managers to compile a work breakdown structure of tasks for a given deliverable and provide realistic estimates for completing the assignment
- Develop and unit test all functions created or modified according to software development best practices
- Collaborate with other Developers and QA Engineers to execute full cycle integration, functional and regression testing.
- Own and resolve all priority defects identified within the developer's codebase in a timely fashion
- Promote software changes across all environments, safely and responsibly, through to Live Production
- Provide on-call technical support during business and, occasionally, off hours depending on rotation and/or subject-matter expertise on a given component
- Participate in team exercises to identify and implement areas for continuous improvement
- 10+ years hands on experience in C/C++ programming language on Linux
- Experience with C++ unit testing frameworks like google test and continuous integration (CI) tools
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, Multicast, UTP/UDP, SIP network protocols
- Strong experince in low latency development
- Experience with code analysis and coverage tools like Coverity, Valgrind/Helgrind, gcov/lcov
- Minimum 5+ years hands on scripting experience in Python
- Strong multithreading and performance-oriented programming skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com