Lead Ambulatory Analyst
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Employment Terms: Perm
- The Cerner Lead Ambulatory Application Analyst is responsible for communicating, collaborating and working to support outpatient centers on a day-to-day basis.
- The Lead Ambulatory Application Analyst primary goal is to manage all projects, issues and risk list for the outpatient centers including Cerner upgrades, system changes and enhancements, and ongoing system maintenance, which can include system testing, troubleshooting, issue management, training and go-lives.
- Provide technical application(s) support across multiple environments with a primary focus on Cerner Millennium PowerChart EHR/PM software. Strong communication and teamwork skills are required, and a desire to continually help improve the user experience for our physicians and staff.
- Demonstrates advanced Ambulatory workflow (Provider, Nursing, Front Office, Coder, and Ancillary staff, including lab, radiology, medication administration, ePrescribe, and other Orders workflows) and solution knowledge, in accordance with Cerner standards.
- Experience collecting user requirements, translating to system feature enhancements, and requesting enhancements of a system administrator.
- Collaborates and works with outpatient sites on new development of future state workflows leveraging Cerner s standards.
- Educates end users on design recommendations and configuration tasks to ensure their understanding and knowledge of maintaining ambulatory workflows and content long term.
- Adheres to change management process for break fix and any system changes.
- Knowledge of Cerner Millennium systems including but not limited to; Discern Expert (Rules), Powerplans, interface testing and Command Language (CCL/Discern Explorer).
- Prepares for and provides regular project reviews and status updates.
- Performs system testing to ensure that all product functions work as designed.
- Assists with internal training and rollout activities.
- Provide assistance with determining test scenarios to assure extensive test of all Cerner solutions.
- Maintain Exercise independent judgment to determine the appropriate course of action to be taken based on the analysis performed and all possible solutions.
- Successfully engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience with Cerner PowerChart
- 5+ yrs ambulatory experience