The Lead Cloud Architect leads the planning, design, and engineering of enterprise-level infrastructure and platforms related to cloud computing. The Lead Cloud Architect works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.Responsibilities
The Lead Cloud Architect performs technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications for cloud computing environments. Develops specifications for new IT cloud computing products and service offerings. Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
The Lead Cloud Architect will be a change agent for Core Transformation and help us transform to Cloud Native applications across all product lines and other key initiatives. Works on initiatives as it relates to advanced Cloud technologies and processes. Drives the creation of Infrastructure as Code and look for opportunities to extend these philosophies. Enthusiastic about exploring uncharted territories, the candidate must bring an entrepreneurial spirit, and a willingness to challenge status quo and group-think.
• Develop future state architecture and drive discussions with teams about best practices, trade-offs, project management and risk mitigation for technical decisions.
• Define IT Compliance and Risk Management practices by working with security & infrastructure teams; specifically as it relates to health care and HIPAA.
• Execute data fabric strategy for digital in collaboration with Enterprise architecture team.
• Implement DevOps practices and drive reuse of existing technologies to reduce people, process & technology training cost during a large cloud migration.
• Integrate on premise cloud service Pivotal Cloud Foundry with Public Cloud Solution to deliver hybrid cloud model.
• Integrate public cloud services with APM tools for operations management.
• Design and guide execution of application development.
• Design and develop solutions using NoSQL.
• Architect DevOps CI/CD pipeline for automated code & Infrastructure deployment using Any Release management tool & Git. Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science( or a related technical field) and 8+ years experience in high-performing IT organizations. The candidate should demonstrate affinity to take on roles of increasing responsibility and influence.
- 2+ years of experience in Cloud architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications with architectural responsibility for ensuring scalability, availability, reliability, etc.
- 2+ years of hands on experience working with Public Cloud deployments
- 2+ years working on key corporate initiatives with broad impact to company results.
Additional InformationScheduled Weekly Hours
- Hands on experience working with Container Based deployments, PowerShell & Bash Script, Analytics, Data Aggregation, Virtual Network Configuration, Akamai (CDN) integration with Public Cloud, Azure Store & Secret management using Key Vault Integration with/without on premise/privately managed keys.
- Experience working with other Cloud environments such as GCP, Azure or AWS
- Delivered key application architectures into production which were strategic in nature to the company at the time.
- Significant experience designing, implementing, and supporting large-scale data solutions leveraging cloud infrastructure and services.
- Extensive programming experience with multiple languages.
- Knowledge of network technologies.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly and apply it to strategic business initiatives.
- Understanding of cost-conscious design principles for cloud.
- Ability to create clear and detailed technical diagrams and documentation.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and implement alongside the other engineers being coached and developed.