The Lead Cloud Architect leads the planning, design, and engineering of enterprise-level infrastructure and platforms related to cloud computing. The Lead Cloud Architect works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.Responsibilities
As a Lead Cloud Data Architect at Humana, you will provide expert advice, counsel and technical expertise to ensure successful planning, development and deployment of best-in-class technology solutions for Humana on hybrid cloud platforms. The Lead Cloud Data Architect will apply principles related to Cloud, Cloud Data Pipelines, Cloud Data Storage, DevSecOps, and DataOps to the design, engineering, implementation and management of our applications and will play a key role in our exciting journey to transform and modernize our applications. Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Responsibilities
- The Lead Cloud Data Architect performs technical planning, architecture development, development and modification of specifications, architecture blueprints for cloud computing products/services, applications, service offerings and environments.
- Develops and advises on standards, best practices, and reference designs for the implementation of solutions.
- Able to demonstrate strong hands-on ability to code and build the components, reference architectures and coach/show other engineers.
- Champion the implementation of DevOps, Quality and Security processes (Continuous Integration, Automated Builds, Continuous Deployment, Continuous Automated Testing, Automated Security Scans through certified build and release pipelines)
- Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision
- Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 8+ years of experience as a senior software engineer and architect for large IT projects
- Relational Database Architecture (SQL Server/Oracle/MySQL/PostgreSQL) experience
- Experience with one or more NoSQL technology (MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J, Couchbase, CouchDB, Hadoop HDFS, HBase, Hive, etc.)
- Experience with implementation of Event driven architecture using Kafka, Spark or similar technologies
- Knowledge of, and experience in Agile Scrum methodology as well as software development lifecycles in general
- Experience authoring reference architectures and other engineering documentation
- Understanding of JSON and RESTful service architectures.
- Prior project architect and/or Lead Software Engineer experience
- Experience delivering and deploying cloud native data solutions on one of the public cloud providers such GCP, Azure or AWS.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
- GCP or Azure certification