Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you'll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you'll do meaningful work you're passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover. Job Description
Responsible for the technical design, deployment, monitoring and ongoing support and maintenance of a diverse set of cloud technologies. The role is a technical, hands-on opportunity with a heavy focus on automation, resilient design and deployment of cloud ready systems and services. This role collaborates with Product teams internal and external to IS to provide world class products and services in support of our application development community, and our business as whole. This is a 'DevOps' position, responsible for the full-stack engineering and support of products that support our hybrid cloud capabilities.What You'll Do
Discover Financial Services is seeking a bright, driven, and talented individual to join a team of passionate and innovative technologists. In this role, you will be a contributing member to a team that works on an idea from conception to implementation with next generation technologies. This Engineering role will be responsible for all aspects of our AWS environment as well as software deployment CI/CD pipeline; including design, provisioning, monitoring, and automation.
We're looking for a well-rounded individual who's not afraid to roll their sleeves up. We use some exciting tools and technologies - ideally, you'll know some, but we want you to be excited about what we're doing. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who has the ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly and has a consistent track record of delivery.How You'll Do It
Qualifications You'll NeedBasic Qualifications:
- Lead the design, build and maintenance of modern cloud platforms that support Agile teams.
- Partner with key stakeholders as a platform champion for cloud-native systems and coach on how to use platform capabilities effectively through appropriate venues.
- Drive continuous improvement of cloud products and capabilities through internal user groups and external market research.
- Strong hands-on experience in building platforms and deploying cloud-based tools and solutions.
- Strong hands-on experience on AWS Compute & Container Services, AWS Storage & Database Services and AWS Security Services.
- Strong understanding of AWS Managed Services.
- Strong hands-on experience on IaC (Infrastructure as code) automation using Terraform & Ansible.
- Strong understanding of performance, scalability, and implementation constraints.
- A strong focus on the end-user experience.
- An API-first mindset.
- Understanding of microservice encapsulation, scalability, and instrumentation.
- A commitment to strongly-tested CI/CD workflows.
- Experience with containerized deployments.
- Experience in building Custom Data pipelines using Airflow and/or similar frameworks is preferred.
Preferred Qualifications:If we had our say, we'd also look for:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field
- 4+ years of experience in application or platform development, consulting or related field
- 1+ years Team Lead, or related experience
- AWS Compute & Container Services
- AWS Storage & Database Services
- Experience deploying full stack solutions to cloud infrastructure.
- Agile methodology experience.
Nice to Have:
- Certified Cloud Developer for AWS
- Certified Cloud Architect for AWS #LI-BG1
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law)
. We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.