A specialized tech team within the Greater NYC area is currently building out a greenfield SaaS human analytics platform. Their high-performance web applications will utilize ML and NLP techniques to collect, process, and provide analytics on real-time observational and experimental data on human interactions within the workplace. The platform will allow users to build a deeper understanding of people's strengths and weaknesses through data-driven insights, and ultimately cultivate workplace cultures that maximize employee career growth and team potential. The team has the direct financial backing of one of the world's largest hedge funds.Responsibilities:
The Cloud Team is responsible for the AWS cloud-based compute and storage foundations necessary for the team to build, deploy, scale, and manage their multi-tenant applications. As their lead software engineer, you will:
- Architect and develop the cloud-based platform that supports their SaaS offering
- Design and develop autonomous infrastructure, with a focus on high availability, security, scalability, and reliability
- Provide hands-on technical leadership by designing and implementing core backend services and cloud systems
- Face off directly with both non-technical executive partners and technical leadership to drive requirements
- Take full ownership of cloud strategy, driving any improvements within developer productivity, best practices, or resource provisioning
- At least 5+ years experience building and/or bringing distributed systems into a cloud-native environment
- Prior experience in software or application development using an Object-Oriented Language (Go or Python is a plus!)
- Expertise in building and automating cloud platforms, preferably AWS
- Prior experience working with container technologies using Docker and Kubernetes
- Prior hands-on experience in CI/CD technologies, such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Spinnaker, etc.
- Proficient in configuration management and automation software, such as Terraform, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- A passion for building higly scalable systems with an eye towards reliability and security
Role offers highly competitive salary and benefits.