SAIC is seeking candidates for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), a Combat Support Agency, who engineers and provides command and control capabilities and enterprise infrastructure, to continuously operate and assure a global net-centric enterprise which directly supports joint warfighters, national level leaders, and other mission and coalition partners across the full spectrum of operations.
The SAIC team will help provide software development support and expertise for the unclassified and classified portals DISA Store Front (DSF) in NIPRNet and SIPRNet hosted environments. This includes providing support and expertise for: DISA Service Catalog, order entry and management capabilities for DISA services, process workflow automation, SDE automation, System Integrations, transactions occurring between systems, notifications, and reporting capabilities. DSF employs an Agile development methodology and will use JIRA to support their efforts.
The candidate for this position develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity, exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment, exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results, applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines, provides guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies, and establishes and recommends changes to policies which affect subordinate organization(s).
The Lead Computer Systems Analyst (ITSM);
- Provides technical and administrative direction for personnel performing software development tasks, including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards, and for progress in accordance with schedules.
- Coordinates with the Project and/or Program Manager to ensure problem solution and user satisfaction.
- Makes recommendations, if needed, for approval of major systems installations.
- Prepares milestone status reports and deliveries/presentations on the system concept to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives.
- Provides daily supervision and direction to support staff.
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
- CompTIA Security +
- An active Top Secret clearance
- Must understand the DISA Service Delivery model
Familiarity with Agile and or SAFe practices. Experience with JIRA. Any equivalent IAT-II certification; if not the certification listed above.
My SAIC Benefits.