Description Job Description:
Leidos is seeking a Lead Cyber Network Defense (CND) Countermeasures Functional/Technical Consultant to join a team supporting a government customer in a highly complex cyber security environment. The successful candidate will manage a team ranging 10-15 staff and work in a high-pressure environment, delivering outstanding results under tight deadlines and constraints.
The Lead CND Countermeasures Functional/Technical Consultant will serve as the principle technical advisor and subject matter expert for CND Countermeasure services. The Lead Countermeasure consultant shall be a multi-functional individual with strong leadership and technical skills including but not limited to the following core countermeasure concepts and capabilities; attended/unattended isolation and containment of detected/signaled cyber threats; defensive configurations which delay, deflect, re-direct, block or limit lateral movement, privilege escalation, data or system compromise. The Consultant shall be familiar with the utilization, configuration, and implementation of industry standard cyber defense capabilities including but not limited to web content filters, email security capabilities, IDS, IPS, HBSS, SEIM, DNS security practices, advanced log analysis, network monitoring, network flow analysis, packet capture analysis, network proxies, firewalls, anti-virus capabilities, Linux/UNIX command line, and access control lists. Candidates shall understand the lifecycle of the network threats, attack vectors and methods of exploitation. Candidates shall understand the incident response process in accordance with Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Manual (CJCSM) 6510.01 and other applicable DoD/IC directives and policies. The consultant shall understand the incident response processes and procedures to aid in the facilitation of comprehensive countermeasure procedures for collaboration and Implementation.Primary Responsibilities
Lead and direct enterprise cyber security countermeasure functions at both the technical, operational day-to-day, and incident response levels including but not limited to the following objectives and functional areas;
- Lead a team of cyber professionals responsible for enterprise wide cyber defense functions supporting both everyday defensive and offensive countermeasures
- Identification and reporting of detected events through persistent monitoring and analysis of I&W and AS&W indicators, dissemination and reporting (daily/weekly) of cyber related activity.
- maintaining proficiency in operation tools, creating countermeasures, and identifying trends in adversary behaviors and vulnerabilities
- Contribute to the operational design and architecture to integrate countermeasures with the object of identifying defending, deflecting, delaying and responding to adversarial activities
- Collaborate with security architecture and engineering to implement and optimize countermeasure capabilities
- Guide defensive countermeasures (aligned with IR workflows) to defend, deflect, re-direct and/or isolate and contain malicious actors/activities present in the enterprise service fabric and/or during incident response
- Design and implement innovative countermeasure approaches and tactics
- Integrate countermeasure signals and telemetry into Continuous Diagnostics and Monitoring activities of the Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Respond to identified network cyber incidents; provides analysis, isolation and containment through countermeasure protocols
- Oversee the operations and management of design, test, implement, deploy, maintain, and administer the infrastructure systems supporting countermeasure functions, integrations and capabilities
- Utilize countermeasure telemetry to develop adversarial pattern recognition to derive predictive indicators of compromise in support of defensive cyber operations
- Ability to model offensive cyber patterns in the design and testing of countermeasure effectiveness
- Previous experience leading and managing a team of 5+ staff engaged in pentesting and other offensive technical testing
- Serve as the technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) in leading a team of staff in the design, implementation, integration and operational support of cyber security layers delivering countermeasure capabilities
- Established technical knowledge of the inter-workings of various security layers; IDS, IPS, HBSS, SEIM, DNS, Active Directory security practices, advanced log analysis, network monitoring, network flow analysis, packet capture analysis, network proxies, firewalls, anti-virus capabilities
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs)
- Previous technical experience performing offensive / PENTEST work
- directs multiple contractor and subcontractors teams through to project completion
- BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience
TS/SCI clearance and polygraph is required to be considered.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order. Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required, and IT environment specified within the task order
- DoD 8570 certified IAM (Management) and/or IAT (Technical) Level II or III certification or equivalent qualifying certification waiver.
- OSCP, CCNA-Security, CEH, GCFA, SCYBER, PenTest+
External Referral Bonus:
- 5 years experience performing offensive cyber operations and tradecraft circumventing enterprise security layers and controls
- Experience managing and/or implementing and supporting defensive security controls or working in a SOC
- Experience performing incident response and post-mortem attack analysis
- Scripting and programming experience
- Knowledge of cyber defense and vulnerability assessment tools and their capabilities
EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:
5000Potential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Cyber OperationsPay Range: