Lead Cyber Security/Vulnerability Analyst
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN).
Lead a team of Cyber Security/ Vulnerability Analyst for the Security Services Team. Oversee the execution of security patch monitoring, advanced analytics and response activities in support of the RMF team mission. Conducts enterprise-level vulnerability scans to include Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud security. Manages the performance of vulnerability assessments, risk assessments, independent certification testing, security test and evaluations, and verifies the accuracy and completeness of checklists and reports associated with the assessment and authorization process. Ensures team uses industry accepted tools to assess the full scope of the vulnerability and compliance status of all classified IT software, hardware and network systems. Trains team in FISMA reporting, vulnerability detection and assessment, cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Web Application, Vulnerability, and Compliance assessments. Possesses a working knowledge of Information System Security Engineering principles.
Manages the Core System Security Plan in accordance with DHS Policy 4300C. Oversees the software assurance, enterprise application and desktop and network operating system authorization process. Develops monthly FISMA, Continuous Monitoring Reports. Provides oversight to the IAVA alert program and delivers monthly service level agreement metrics to Security Services Manager, and leads monthly vulnerability management meetings with engineers and network Information System Security Officers (ISSOs).
- Assessment of large-scale reporting, analyze trends, and provide contextual reporting Security Services Manager or representative.
- Review and analyze security tool output and vulnerability data to identify relevant vulnerabilities; monitor external threat intelligence feeds for internal relevance.
- Work with System Owners and technical teams to prioritize and remediate identified threats and vulnerabilities.
- Execution of vulnerability assessments, conduct troubleshooting of failed scans, and analyze vulnerability reports from enterprise assessment tools such as SCAP, Security Center, Nessus and NexPose.
- Interaction with Security Control Assessors (SCA), System Owners and System Administrators in order to coordinate and perform complex security test data analysis, and vulnerability and compliance testing on a wide range of classified IT systems.
- Compliance and risk management support activities, and recommendations to security controls and corrective actions to mitigate vulnerability risks.
- Coordination with the Security Services Manager to ensure vulnerability scans adhere to approved timelines in support of the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process.
- Active TS/SCI
- Certification in any of the following: CISSP, CASP, CEH, GPEN
- Masters Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, or Computer Science Experience or 8-12 years of experience in information assurance, vulnerability assessment and penetration testing.
- DHS suitability
- Experience using vulnerability scanning tools (Nessus, Nexprose, SCAP, Security Center) and vulnerability management platforms.
- Experience using common security testing and analysis tools (Metasploit, Kali Linux) a plus.
- Experience with AWS cloud.
- Understanding of cloud computing and security issues related to cloud environments.
- Understanding of vulnerability management and security testing practices and methodologies.
- Excellent organizational and attention to detail in tracking and reporting compliance activity and trend analysis of enterprise vulnerabilities.
- Ability to develop follow-up action plans to resolve reportable issues and communicate with the other technologists to address security threats and vulnerabilities.
- A working knowledge of the various operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.) commonly deployed in enterprise networks, a conceptual understanding of Windows Active Directory is also required, and a working knowledge of network communications and routing protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, ICMP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and common internet applications and standards (e.g. SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SQL, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.).
- Familiarity with ICD 503, 4300A/B/C, NIST 800-53 Revision 4 and up, Risk Management Framework (RMF), Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG's), and other compliance guidelines.
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work.
- Oral Communication Shares information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- DHS suitability
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.