Lead Cybersecurity Architect
Location: Remote with occasional travel to Oakland, CA or on site in Oakland
Looking for a Cybersecurity Architect out of a Large Enterprise Environment. You will focus on both Infrastructure and Application architecture. This includes Web Applications, DevOps, Cloud, Python Containerization, Storage, Data, Network, Virtualization, Mobile, Zero Trust Networking.
The incumbent will work with the project team to define the scope, work effort, and deliverables for the security engineering engagement and will oversee multiple engagements executing in parallel. In addition to being an individual contributor, the Lead Cybersecurity Architect has overall responsibility for delivering multiple technical design engagements on-time and on-budget, and is expected to effectively exercise leadership and guidance to enable the team s success.
- Designs, builds, and provides guidance to a team that ensures the security of enterprise data and systems by specifying requirements for technical security controls for all enterprise information technology development initiatives.
- Develops a capability to design, implement, and continuously update a technical security control requirements model supporting enterprise information security policies and standards, enterprise technology strategy, enterprise technology architecture and patterns, information security industry best practices, emerging information security technologies, and relevant laws and regulations (e.g. HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, GLB, and others.)
- Develops a capability to evaluate the architecture and design of existing and proposed information technology systems against the enterprise technical security control requirements model. Enables the organization to identify any gaps between specific technical security requirements and the architecture of a given system and provide detailed technical recommendations on appropriate design or architecture improvements.
- Serves as a cybersecurity subject matter expert, assessing the business impact of cybersecurity risks to the enterprise and identifying options and recommendations for mitigating those risks.
- Serves as an expert in platform, application, storage, network, virtualization, cloud and mobile security best practices.
- Bachelor s or Master s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
- Certifications such as GIAC or CISSP is strongly preferred.
- A minimum 8 years of hands-on experience in the information security field with expert knowledge of platform, application, storage, data, network, virtualization, cloud and mobile security.
- A minimum 2 years of experience in information security solution engineering or security service delivery.
- A minimum 2 years of leadership experience with planning and managing security engagements and/or leading a team of technical resources. This role will require the management of several (2 to 4) concurrent large-scale enterprise wide information technology capability development projects.
- DevOps, Cloud, Network, Data, Storage, Python Automations