Job DescriptionSNI Technology's client located in Centennial, CO is immediately seeking to hire a talented, Lead Cyber Security Specialist for an exciting 3 month, contract-to-hire opportunity! JOB SUMMARY
(the purpose and general nature of the job):
Leads and performs Cyber security functions on projects and support in Cyber Security. This includes Safeguards information system assets by identifying potential cyber security risks, mitigating those risks, putting safeguards into place, and solving cyber security problems. Protects system by reviewing and defining access rights, control structures, and resources. Performing both proactive and reactive recognition of cyber security potential problems by identifying abnormalities, vulnerabilities, reporting, loggings, and mitigating those risks. Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting and/or coordinating penetration tests and periodic audits. Creating cyber security awareness and training program where users are kept abreast of risks, what to watch for, and conducting user tests (simulated phishing tests targeting random user emails, computer virus simulation, etc.). Keeping CIO informed of status, generation of reports published on Intranet which will include risks, penetration test results/actions, incidences, and other related performance reports. PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
include the following:
- Safeguards information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security risks and resolving problems.
- Protects systems and information by identifying risks on access privileges, control structures, and identifying resources.
- Facilitates regular penetration tests (both Intranet and Extranet) with trusted vendor partners. The information obtained will lead to action plan and followed through completion.
- Implements security improvements by assessing current situation, evaluating risks and trends, and anticipating mitigation actions.
- Determines security violations and inefficiencies by coordinating and conducting periodic audits.
- Creates and Executes security test simulation attacks targeting users to create security awareness, training, and security practices/programs amongst users. Generating reports of findings and risk awareness on company's Intranet.
- Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Keeps users informed by preparing performance reports, communicating system status.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
: Minimal requirements for education, knowledge and experience:
Compensation and Benefits
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related degree + 4 years relevant experience or 12 years relevant experience
- Advanced certifications such as SANS GIACIAIH, CISSP or CASP and/or SIEM-specific training and certification
- Understanding of mobile technology and OS (i.e. Android, iOS, Windows), VMware technology, and Unix
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, common security elements in a global multi-site international environment.
- Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, FPC), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations
- Experience with vulnerability scanning solutions
- Familiarity with the DOD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management program.
- Proficiency with combinations of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS, ID/PS, Full Packet Capture, Host-Based Forensics, Network Forensics, and RSA Security
- In-depth knowledge of IT architecture, IT engineering, and IT operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. Symantec, Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, ArcSight, QRadar, LogLogic, Splunk)
- Experience developing and deploying signatures (e.g. Snort, YARA, Suricata, HIPS)
- Able to communicate complex technical information to non-technical audiences.
The starting pay rate for this position is in the range of $45 to $55 per hour. Please note your actual pay rate will be determined based upon your skills, knowledge and abilities including work experience - talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Insurance, and other benefit options that are offered include:
- 3 weeks PTO
- 401k match - up to 6% at 100%,
- health insurance (medical, vision and dental)
- annual bonus potential
- and much more!