Lovelytics is seeking a creative, technical, and entrepreneurial Tableau Consultant to join our team in Arlington, VA. The Tableau Consultant will be one of the leading technical minds at Lovelytics and will focus on developing customized technical solutions for clients, managing a team of consultants, and managing projects for our clients, and growing a team of junior consultants.
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead development for large scale data analytics implementations
- Gather requirements from clients and develop creative and effective technical solutions
- Manage and execute varied Tableau and data preparation projects
- Extract insights from data provided by clients and provide visually-appealing and high-performing reports and dashboards
- Provide mentorship to other team members to improve the collective company skill set.
- Support other team members on projects, which can often times mean wearing many different hats.
- Troubleshooting Tableau and data issues on-the-fly with prospects and clients
- Provide suggestions to constantly improve internal processes and methodologies
Our Ideal Candidates Skills and Experiences
- Experience working with Tableau Desktop
- Consulting and customer-facing experience
- Understanding of data preparation, SQL, and/or data blending
- Understanding of visual best practices for Tableau dashboards
- An ability to troubleshoot client issues on-the-fly and provide on-site assistance
What We Promise You
- Exciting projects in varying departments and verticals across the country
- The ability to work closely with all sizes of companies, ranging from Fortune 100 to small local businesses
- A workplace where you are encouraged to challenge the status quo and develop new technologies, methodologies and processes
- A positive, playful, and challenging work environment
- A diverse team consisting of data gurus, experience seekers, and entrepreneurial minds that is always pushing to be better
What Makes Us Excited About a Candidate
- You have a positive attitude coupled with excellent communication skills
- Your entrepreneurial spirit pushes you to find creative client and internal solutions
- You are motivated by providing superior solutions and disrupting the status quo
- You have a willingness to travel to customer sites if required
- You are not afraid to voice your ideas about improving methodologies and processes
- You can receive and provide constructive criticism
- You thrive in the excitement of a startup company
- You are great with people and enjoy leading a technical team
Some of Our Benefits
- Unlimited paid time off with an annual minimum amount of days employees must use
- A brand-new office space in the heart of Rosslyn in Arlington, VA with both indoor and outdoor working space
- 401K with Matching
- Transportation benefits, including Arlington Bike Share subscription and pre-tax travel reimbursements
- Healthcare coverage
- Frequent out-of-office company outings
- Performance bonuses
- Client travel opportunities
Lovelytics is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
How to Apply
- With your application, please include the following:
- A concise reasoning why you feel you are the best fit for Lovelytics from both a technical and a cultural perspective
- Relevant work samples or Tableau Public page (if applicable)
As a business intelligence services firm, Lovelytics uses Tableau and data as a means of providing clients with a better understanding of their business data to make smarter decisions. Lovelytics provides top data architecture and Tableau talent, which bridges the gap between the best data architecture and Tableau talent with business users who need help better understanding their data.
Our goal is to make dashboards that help translate the complicated material into the simple. Staying true to our name, Lovelytics, we shorten complex data into understandable mash-ups that simplify information. With data architecture and modeling being the backbone of any analytics project, we re constantly driven to put data in the simplest form that exists. We believe that is vital in today s world, where big data can feel often feel ominous and confusing.