San Francisco, CaliforniaSkills :
machine learning,big data,hadoop,scala,pythonDescription :
Based in the Bay Area, we are a Fortune 200, innovative company that builds digital solutions for organizations in various markets such as Life Sciences, Manufacturing and more. We are focused on building cloud & AI-based platforms to drive transformation of ground-breaking, commercial technologies.
Currently, we are in need of a Lead Data Architect to join our growing team and lead the build out of Big Data and Machine Learning products / platforms. If you enjoy being a hands-on, thought leader - this could be the role for you! See below for a description and email if you are interested.What You'll be Doing:
- Work closely with Engineering / Development team in designing and guiding to come up with architecture for the different databases like PostgreSQL, Greenplum, Cassandra and MongoDB. Like focus on Optimize query tuning.
- Set and maintain database standards including Security, Clustering, High-Availability, Backup, and more.
- Work closely with Dev-Ops team in providing the configuration details for the different databases.
- Work closely with Cloud-Ops team in developing monitoring tools, detect and fix performance bottlenecks.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks (backup, restore) when necessary
- Technical leadership to recommend and implement emerging database technologies
- At least 7+ years of hands-on experience in design, architecture, and implementation of large-scale data sets, data storage, and data distribution systems.
- Extensive experience with different database technologies including relational (RDBMS) and NoSQL such as PostgreSQL, Greenplum, Cassandra, MongoDB, and more.
- Operational experience as well as installation of various DBs
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Strong knowledge of SQL and related tools
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience architecting and building Machine Learning platforms