Description Job Description:
Leidos is seeking a Data Architect to define, develop, architect and implement a data architecture and management strategy on a project involving big data across a distributed network. The candidate will be the primary source of expertise providing technical advice/input to strategic system solutions, detailed subsystem designs, and advice to other disciplines as need to inform peripheral design decision ensuring system-wide compatibility of the data solutions being considered. The candidate may have oversight of a small team of data engineers and software engineers, and will include the need to ensure all involved staff are aware of the implications of their decisions and grow in their understanding of the impacts on this program. The successful candidate will be responsible for a data architecture that may grow to encompass peta-bytes of data.
The successful candidate will design, detail, lead, correct and implement a system-level data architecture and management solution addressing the broad data needs of a complex highly distributed system supporting simulated training within the DOD. A successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work fluently with structured and unstructured data, including diverse sources of big data. The candidate should have a proven track record developing on and using advanced software programs compatible with MBSE tools such as Magic Draw and requirements tools such as DOORS. Proven solutions and successes in developing algorithms, queries and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate the quality of datasets and models in a complex simulation environment is required. Experience in AI and ML is required. The candidate should anticipate the need for Machine Learning, Predictive modeling, Statistical Analysis and Hypothesis testing.
The successful candidate must possess mastery of distributed computing and data access, computer virtualization, network implementation and addressing issues such as latency in displays/system responses. The position should expect to confront highly complex and multi-dimensional problems integrating computer simulations, virtual 3D displays, multi-tiered control interfaces, distributed computing environments, cloud based data storage, and delivery of services/solutions to a widely dispersed user community. The expectation from this position is the support and deployment of ""leap-ahead"" technologies in the field of simulation based training.Basic Qualifications:
- Possess a Secret clearance
- Preferred MS in a relevant field 13 years of prior relevant experience; BS degree in relevant field and 15 years of prior relevant experience; May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Demonstrate relevant data architecture experience as a part of more than 13 years of technical implementation of network, server and/or distributed computing experience including Schema formats, storage, evolution and design
- Demonstrated experience designing with and configuring various data processing, storage and transformation tools such as Kafka, logstash, Elastic Search, NiFi, Neo4J, and others
- Prior experience with Confluent Kafka, kSQL including sizing, configuring and tuning Kafka cluster deployments
- Prior experience with streaming data architectures and modern development approaches (serverless, containerization, cloud, continuous delivery, micro-services, event-based applications)
- Demonstrate 4 years of experience with AI/ML implementation and deployment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing interactions with other team members, program leadership, customer leadership and end users
External Referral Bonus:
- Cloud and distributed computing background with demonstrated experience in at least 2 different IT/Cloud technical areas
- Demonstrated understanding of employing Big Data solutions compatible with DOD networks
- Demonstrated experience with AWS or similar virtual environments
- Published papers dealing with the core technologies being addressed
- Demonstrated 10 years of experience with AI/ML implementation and deployment.
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
Yes, 100%Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Data ScientistPay Range: