Position:: Data Engineer with CI/CD and AWS
location:: Denver, CO
Duration:: 6 Months Contract to hire
No. of positions:: 3
- Work with a team of engineers to create products that will directly affect the mission of Healthgrades
- Develop data pipeline features to process incoming healthcare information quickly and reliably
- Review other team members' code for correctness and quality
- Write automated test scripts that power a continuous delivery pipeline
- Refactor and improve the existing code base for simplicity and clarity
- Remove roadblocks to development through collaboration, communication, and creative solution recommendations
- Recommend and drive development best practices and continuous integration and delivery as part of a forward-thinking, agile organization
- Ensure that our data pipelines are performant and scalable.
- Analyze healthcare data sets and assess their quality against our standards.
- Ensure that our consumption layers and data APIs meet the needs of end users
- 3+ years of experience developing data pipelines or ETLs
- 3+ years of experience in Python, Scala or Java
- Strong understanding of SQL, relational databases, columnar data warehouses, and data modeling
- Knowledge of TDD, automated testing principles, and testing best practices
- Ability to instrument basic automation and CI/CD including a familiarity with Jenkins/Git
- Strong familiarity with cloud based services (AWS) and container technologies (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Willingness to learn new things and the ability to do so quickly and independently.
- Proficiency in software engineering concepts, including fundamental programming concepts and the software development lifecycle.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills that will allow you to work effectively within an agile software team.
- Understanding of enterprise scalability needs.