The Lead Data Integration/Engineering Architect is a seasoned and broadly experienced IT professional able to look at portfolios of applications, services, components, infrastructures and databases in a holistic manner. This position understands business drivers, relates them to IT capabilities and will perform professional software development and maintenance functions as outlined below. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and company policies , practices and procedures.
- Lead and provide data-driven solutions to business partners through architecture, design and implementation of an ecosystem of RDBMS Data Warehouse, Hadoop, NoSQL, AI, Machine Learning and other modern data technologies on premise and on the Cloud.
- Develop and re-engineer the data acquisition, storage, processing, security, data management, and analysis using Cloud and on-premise technologies leading towards a modern data platform.
- Review current state activities to include the review of the goals and objectives of the Information Management group within the enterprise , the oversight responsibilities, and strategic involvement recommendations.
- Define and develop best practices on data integration/engineering, including ETL/ELT, Replication, ESB, API, etc. based on cloud and on-premise modern data platforms to scale up IM data management capability.
- Recommend and establish standards for a dvanced data integration, data processing to include designing practical solutions for optimal performance with fine balance of availability, reliability and security.
- Establish Data Integration/Engineering standards and conduct review session with developers.
- Work with IM application development teams to provide data integration architecture services and design services
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 6 years of experience in designing, developing, building and ongoing support of data integration services, such as ETL and replication using Datastage / GoldenGate or other comparable tools, to include at least 3 years of deep understanding of dimensional modeling, OLTP and OLAP database designs and implementation strategies.
- Experience in architecting, implementing and operationalizing data solutions in production environments using Hadoop and NoSQL ecosystem on premise or on Cloud (AWS or Azure) using one or more relevant technologies such as S3, Azure Data Lake, Redshift/SQL DW, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Dynamo DB, EMR, Kinesis, HDInsight etc.
- Combined experience of advanced SQL and stored procedures (in Teradata, DB2, SQL Server, and/or Oracle Database Platforms) with hands-on experience of designing solutions
- Experience with both normalized and dimensional data models, hands-on knowledge of other data integration techniques such as database replication, change data capture (CDC) etc. and familiarity of SOA and ESB technologies and patterns
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Master s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Technical knowledge in predictive analytics architecture and in development and deployment of predictive models
- Experience in hospitality operations and/or relevant industry experience