Job ID: 2206766-FLEXWORK-TX Location:
REMOTE WORK , TX , US Date Posted:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public TrustPotential for Remote Work:
The Civilian Business Unit of SAIC is seeking a highly qualified Lead Data Scientist to support the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services contact in the Washington DC Metropolitan area. The position will work closely with the government technical leadership, customer organizations and the SAIC Program Manager. The duties will include interfacing with the customer organizations at all levels from Division Chiefs to Analysts; developing and presenting reports; developing and meeting data science requirements.
This position can be worked 100% remote nationwide.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translates mission needs into an end-to-end analytical approach to achieve results
- Present solutions and recommendations to client leadership
- Determines the appropriate analytics based on the data and the desired outcomes, using techniques including feature detection, statistics, data mining, predictive modeling, machine learning, natural language processing, and business intelligence. Interprets the validity of results and communicates the meaning of those results. Has familiarity with data wrangling, analytics, and visualization software and programming languages, including analytics methods for big data.
- Follows a scientific approach to generate value from data, verifying results at each step.
- Perform statistical analysis and tune using test results transform data science prototypes according to requirements
- Study appropriate datasets and transform data science prototypes
- Research and implement appropriate machine learning algorithms and tools and develop machine learning applications according to requirements
- Train systems when necessary
- Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; PhD or JD and ten (10) years or more experience.
- U.S. Citizenship is required and ability to obtain DHS Suitability Clearance
- Expertise fostering innovative Big Data and Advanced Analytics solutions.
- Be able to support Transformation leadership in data and analytics vision and identify, establish, and deliver innovative Advanced Analytics and Machine Learning solutions
- Experience with developing predictive models for using large data sets for high transactional volume environment
- Experience with evaluating and measuring performance of models
- Should have a firm understanding of common statistical modeling and techniques (e.g., linear regression, decision trees).
- Demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Possess the ability to perform with little direct supervision as a self-starter.
- Be a self-motivated, creative, and inquisitive problem solver with a strong work ethic.
- Be (or rapidly become) a thought-leader in the area of analytics/data science with respect to entity resolution as it pertains to the customer's mission.
- Experience with DataBricks
Target salary range: $155,001 - $165,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.