Cobb Systems Group is seeking a database developer for a contract position in Rockville, Maryland. The DB developer will create very complex ETL processes for extremely large data sets. The target environment of the ETL processing are business intelligence applications and a large data warehouse that is used to ensure the regulatory compliance of financial firms.
Corp-to-corp candidates are welcome to apply. In-person interviews will be necessary.
- Seven (7) or more years as a hands-on technologist with a good mix of application development and database development.
- 5 or more years of UNIX shell scripting experience.
- Strong in SQL and PL/pgSQL experience in a Postgres 9.x UNIX-based environment.
- ETL experience preferably in a data warehouse environment.
- Understands continuous delivery principles and has experience managing / automating database deployments.
- Proficient in basic modeling concepts.
- 3 or more years of UNIX shell scripting experience.
- Strong understanding of performance analysis, tuning and optimization.
- Must be willing to roll up sleeves to do the research necessary to define data and application requirements.
- Will be expected to support production activities which would require non-business hour availability.
- Must be familiar and stay current with industry best practices and trends related to data ingestion and database design/development.
- Must be flexible and motivated to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn and implement new Data technologies as needed.
- Must be willing and able to support application/database development throughout the software lifecycle from requirements analysis and design through to implementation and maintenance.
- Must have demonstrated experience in working with other database and application developers to define application architecture/best practices.
Highly Desired Skills:
- AWS RDS experience
- Experience working on an Agile/Scrum application team
Other Skills of Interest :
- Scala/Spark/Hive Experience
- Oracle Experience
- Financial Industry experience.