Major Accountabilities for this role:
- Managing wide variety databases, particularly must be highly experienced in database backup and recovery, performance tuning, and high availability configuration. Database technologies include (but are not limited to): Oracle, MS-SQL Server, PostgreSQL, DB2, Cassandra, Redis. The ideal candidate should have experience in more than one database technology.
- Forward thinking infrastructure automation and scripting skills.
- Leads in managing client’s expectations and communicates proactively.
- Requires little supervision while identifying tasks associated with responsibilities
- Collaborates with other DBAs, participates in internal projects and leads some initiatives.
- Provide DBA suggestions and input on direction for database domain strategy.
- Guides and provides direction for use of best practices and application database solutions to client’s development teams.
- Reviews new tools and products that assist in providing database support and services.
- Plans and coordinates data migrations between systems.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information systems or equivalent experience.
- In-depth knowledge of database management (Installation, creation of new instances, space management, database reorganization and internals, backup and recovery, replication, performance monitoring and troubleshooting, identification of bottlenecks in locks, waits).
- Strong working knowledge of RDBMS and NoSQL databases with relevant certifications
- Good understanding of security standards and best practices around database platforms.
- Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of Oracle replication implementation (Golden Gate/Data Guard).
- Intermediate knowledge of Oracle internals.
- Intermediate knowledge of Oracle middleware (OEM).
- Intermediate knowledge of Oracle physical database tuning.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL tuning background.
- Working knowledge of backup/recovery using RMAN for Oracle and Mongo Ops Manager for Mongo.
- Working PL/SQL coding background.
- Intermediate implementation knowledge of partitioning and/or sharding concepts.
- Working knowledge of Oracle RAC, Cluster Resource software and Oracle features.
- Knowledge of multiple database technologies (including but not limited to): Oracle, MS-SQL Server, PostgreSQL, DB2, Cassandra, Redis. The ideal candidate should have experience in more than one database technology.
- Understanding of CAP theorem and its implementation in NoSQL Technologies.
- MongoDB design principals, cluster connectivity, security and the factors that affect distributed system performance. Additional expertise in managing Redis cache is a plus.
- Mongo Database Administration activities - cluster configuration, upgrades, patches and security.
- Understanding of logical and physical data models on structured and unstructured data patterns.
- Demonstrates an understanding of Database Engineering’s role in supporting business processes.
- Demonstrates the ability to participate in cross functional teams for estimating, application designs, and implementation strategies.
- Uses strong verbal and written communication skills to build awareness and to proactively promote DBA’s position in support of sound database structures, data governance and other Corporate strategies.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize efforts.
- Ability to pick up new technologies at a quick pace.
- Ability to work with team members located in multiple geographies
- Displays excellent collaborative skills with cross-functional teams.
- Provide positive customer service to internal business partners.