Our Client's Commercial Lending team is looking for a Senior level ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Developer to assist on project demand. This role will be required to learn and model using a variety of different ETL tools and databases. Current ETL tools consist of SSIS and DataStage, Databases include SQL server, Oracle, Event Hub and DB2. Candidate will need to lead their own work and do dual duty on both Datastage and SQL. Candidate will also be required to develop, maintain and enhance code for new projects and current bank deliverables, ensure all IT SDLC processes are documented and practiced, work closely with the Enterprise Information team, and cross impact other bank applications as code and processes change.
- Translate requirements and data mapping documents to a technical design.
- Develop, enhance and maintain code following best practices and standards.
- Create and execute unit test plans. Support regression and system testing efforts.
- Debug and problem solve issues found during testing and/or production.
- Communicate status, issues and blockers with project team.
- Support continuous improvement by identifying and solving opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience in related field (preferably computer science).
- At least 5 years of experience in ETL development (Datastage and SQL SSIS).
- At least 5 years of experience writing SQL queries, troubleshooting.
- Star Schema design and coding (Dimension and Fact Table design)
- Understanding of enterprise data warehousing best practices and standards.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organization skills and the ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Experience in financial services (banking) industry.
- Focus on customer service
- Willingness and aptitude for continuous improvement
- Event Hub / Query Hub experience would be a plus
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or