The Bethesda.net team is seeking a talented Lead DevOps Engineer to provide technical leadership and implementation for our Kubernetes projects. This role focuses on managing the Kubernetes ecosystem for both our internal and external partners. You will work closely with teams deploying applications into the ecosystem to ensure best practices and build out need infrastructure to support business needs.
This position requires someone with strong understanding of Kubernetes and how it works. You would also have a good breadth of understanding of the Kubernetes ecosystem including security, secret management, networking, observability, and common plugins. The ideal candidate will also have a proven track record of running Kubernetes in production at scale and supporting other teams. If you meet these requirements, we want to talk to you about building amazing solutions with us. Responsibilities
- Implement and operate containerized cloud application platform solutions with a focus on application concerns, including cloud-ready, distributed application architectures, migrating workloads to containers, containerized, development workflows, and integrating container platforms with automated continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines
- Infrastructure Operations and Production Support of container technologies and orchestration platforms
- Docker/Kubernetes deployment, configuration, scaling and management of containerized applications.
- Understand and define infrastructure to support new features and existing systems
- Ensure consistency with security policies, and best practices
- Support cloud-hosted systems in a 24x7 environment including troubleshooting, hot fixing, and root cause analysis
- Collaborate with other engineers, teams, and game studios to delivery high quality, complex systems
- Coach and mentor junior engineers
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer/DevOps Engineer
- Strong experience in Linux and Windows server environments
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes application deployment building blocks i.e., Deployments, Services, Persistent Volumes and Config Maps
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes operational building blocks i.e., Kube API, Kube Scheduler, Kube Controller Manager, ETCD etc.
- Strong knowledge of application packaging and deployment technologies such as Helm and Harbor. Familiarity with various Kubernetes container registries
- Experience with container technologies i.e., Docker, Containered, rkt, etc.
- Experience in setting up and running Kubernetes clusters in AWS, Google Cloud Platform and Azure or on-prem
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Hardening, securing the Kubernetes cluster with monitoring and auditing dashboards
- Working with configuration management tools and configuration as code (Chef, Ansible, terraform etc.)
- Experience deploying and managing SQL & NoSQL DB ecosystem is a plus
- Understanding of running stateful applications in the cloud.
- Experience and or familiarity with public cloud Managed Kubernetes services such as Amazon EKS, GKE, Google Anthos, and Azure Kubernetes Service
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Teamcity, Gitlabs, CodeBuild, Azure DevOps, etc...
- Experience with logging, tracing, proxy, and monitoring dashboard tools such as ELK stack, Splunk, Fluentd, Grafana, Prometheus, Itsio, Envoy, and Jaeger
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do - from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.