Zenimax Online Studios is seeking a DevOps Engineer who can lead a team, work with others to build solutions and deliver value for its flagship AAA MMO game, The Elder Scrolls Online. You will be responsible for ensuring that ZOS is able to reliably build and deploy new product versions, deliver new features to our customers, and introduce change into those systems in a safe way. Must be able to mentor the team and be able to support our systems via an on-call rotation.
The preferred location for this role is Hunt Valley, MD, Austin, TX, Madison, WI, San Diego, CA, or Seattle, WA. Will consider remote. Responsibilities
- Maintain and extend existing systems that are critical for ZOS to deliver its products
- Ensure that architectural changes are identified and discussed
- Understand new technologies and requirements and their impact on the pipelines
- Suggest and lobby for work on technical debt and non-functional improvements
- Identify skill gaps and resources needs in order to deliver on objectives
- Mentor team members and increase the amount of work that the team can deliver while maintaining quality
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- B.S. (or higher) in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience leading a team and driving the team towards established goals
- Experience in languages such as Python, Bash, PowerShell scripting, etc.
- Clear communicator and active listener
- Experience with development/deployment pipelines
- Promotion and branching (Perforce, Git)
- Build processes
- Artifact management
- Managing multiple client platforms (Xbox, Playstation, PC, ...)
- Backend Deployment
- Configuration management
- Build and Asset Distribution
- Linux System Administration
- Experience with agile processes, knowledge of scrum and roles
- Scrum Product Owner certification
- High level understanding of infrastructure, networking and security principles
- Cloud architecture experience (Azure, AWS)
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do - from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.