Cranbury, NJ Description:
Our client is currently seeking a Lead Developer(Ruby)
As a Lead Developer (Ruby), you will be responsible for designing and executing technical solutions to our biggest and most challenging business problems. Your focus will be on delivering high-quality solutions to our Client/Sales needs, and providing the fastest possible time to market while maintaining quality and consistency.
This position focuses on performing and leading software development tasks within the engineering team while collaborating on delivery of our products with the web graphics team and product management team. These three teams make up the Technology Group.
You will work on software development projects directly, as well as assist with and oversee a number of projects being built by the team, providing leadership and mentoring as necessary. You will participate in estimation efforts, requirement gathering sessions, and deployment planning meetings. Hands-on, software development and technical leadership are key to this role.
Position Requirements :
- Find solutions that provide fastest possible time to market while maintaining quality and consistency.
- Focus on building reusable components that can be applied to multiple sites. Our solutions must scale. Make sure that any requirements are analyzed to determine whether existing functionality can meet the need before writing any new code.
- Lead build vs. buy analyses and be able to defend your position to upper management.
- Analyze business needs and build solutions that not only meet today-s stated needs but that anticipate similar needs for the future.
- Provide technical architecture for all web efforts.
- Bachelor-s degree
- 3+ years of experience leading and performing web application development in an agency or similar environment.
- Full stack web programming using Ruby on Rails with adequate experience in Java, PHP, Python, Ruby, Go, and/or Swift.
- Experience with the Heroku (Cloud based platform)
- GitHub Source Control
- Hands-on experience coding in at least one currently popular web application framework: Node, RoR, Bootstrap, Foundation, Angular/Ember/Backbone/React, JQuery
- Common web format understanding is critical across JSON, XML, HTML, CSV and more.
- Understand the full web stack; today and tomorrow. Speak to common protocols HTTP, HTTPS, TLS, DDP, REST, SOAP as well as to systems, Kubernetes, Docker - and more.
- Linux stack server administration and web server configuration (with OS scripting)
- MySQL, MS SQL, with some Mongo, Redis, PostgreSQL,-
- API development experience; from leveraging a well-formed API, to documenting an API that you did not write- understanding the way code and systems connect is essential.
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management
- Experience with continuous integration tools, Gitlab is preferred
- Experience with implementing and working with load testing tools
- Demonstrated ability to envision web-based services that meet audience needs or solve business problems.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment in multiple team roles (product owner, scrum master, development lead, and developer)
- Overall strong communication skills, the demonstrated capacity to follow-up and follow-though, the ability to handle and deliver well across multiple competing priorities, and show consistent attention to detail
- Capable of leveraging thorough knowledge of web standards to apply systematic and productive change
- Grasp of consumer privacy and compliance requirements - seasoned and skillful execution of work in this area Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com