Dedicated Tech Services, Inc. (DTS) is an award-winning IT consulting firm based in Columbus, OH. We now have an opening for a Lead Digital DevOps Engineer in Columbus, Ohio.
Direct applicants only, no corp-to-corp candidates, third parties, or agencies, please.
This is a right-to-hire position with our client.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong and proven leadership skills along with experience in a lead role.
- Deep understanding of software engineering concepts and be able to quickly adapt & work in a TDD & DevOps environment.
- Able to design and code in SpringBoot and develop APIs using REST Web Services in a micro services landscape
- Strong experience developing products that incorporate Telematics (GPS) technology across vehicles and mobile devices to collect data
- Able to quickly adapt, learn across teams
- Deep understanding of Mobile platforms, and exposure to mobile design & development using various industry leading frameworks
- Understands user experience and customer experience deeply and works with Digital Capability lead & the Product Owner as needed to provide superior results
- Three plus years of experience in full stack development and 5+ years of application development experience using technologies like Java, React, Angular, Python, Perl, SQL & NoSQL databases and Cloud capabilities.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience in Agile and Cloud technologies, Continuous Integration/Deployment (CI/CD)
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish product goals
- Deep understanding of software design, programming & analytical skills to solve problems and strong working experience with development stack
- Experience with development tools such as AngularJS, Sprint boot, Java, Python and hands on experience with Cloud solutions such as AWS Lambda
- Deep expertise with developing digital products with rich User experience across platforms
- Ability to multitask and prioritize competing priorities.
- Great attitude with a personality to effectively execute and drive for results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional leadership skills, collaborative and good at influencing.
- Analytical, innovative and problem-solving mindset, leveraging strategic and tactical thinking.
We are seeking a strong Lead Digital DevOps Engineer to lead a series of digital product development projects which involve GPS technology across multiple platforms. This is a senior lead-level role. You will mentor engineers and work on emerging software products that our client is building, and you will also:
- Design and code in SpringBoot and develop REST APIs in a microservices landscape
- Manage and analyze production analytics to drive experience and quality of digital products
- Implement resiliency patterns such as Circuit Breaker, Retry, Fallback, Bulkhead Isolation, Throttling among others for all Digital products
- Understands & Learns from production user & behavioral analytics
- Implement efficient patterns to call dependent services, leverage a distributed cache like Redis for scalability
- Own and operate services of scale and importance, also plan for the scalability
- Build reusable libraries of product components & best practices for other product teams to leverage
- Perform dev ops engineering for services you own with top notch monitoring, dashboards using APM tools such as AppDynamics
- Design, write and deliver software and infrastructure to improve the reliability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of digital products
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards and methods for business impacting products
- Drive solutions towards achieving world class security and compliance through automation, development and collaboration with multiple Engineering teams across and beyond the organization such as Infrastructure and Security
- Provide critical thinking and a high degree of technical innovation and attention to detail while serving as a trusted advisor to your project team
- Evaluate current landscape of client’s solutions and drive performance, availability and supportability improvements
- Drive increased efficiencies through automation across SDLC, primarily software engineering
- Leverage your knowledge of architecture, design across enterprise systems
- Debug issues in production and respond to them quickly to mitigate customer impact
- Approach difficult problems with an open mind, helping to build features across the enterprise
We’re growing, and we need great people to grow with us! Simply put, we’re enabled to hire the best. Our Project Delivery, Enterprise Support, Information Security, and Development Services practices are led by DTS consultants who help select our employees and then guide them. What’s in it for you? A collaborative, supportive environment where high standards, quality, and excellence are the norm.
It has an exciting Information Technology market, a reasonable cost of living, a low unemployment rate, and a strong quality of life! It’s the 14th-largest city in the United States and is home to fifteen (15) Fortune 1000 companies which are all very dependent on IT.
By building a clear sense of purpose and strong relationships within Dedicated Tech Services, the staff and leadership team can then aspire to be the technology service provider whose quality services set the standard by which others are measured and that our clients ask for by name.
In addition to the opportunity to work for a caring and supportive company, DTS offers health, vision, and dental insurance, a 401K plan, bonus options, and more! Please visit our web site for more information: https://www.dtsdelivers.com
Dedicated Tech Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer