Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?Do you want to accelerate your career?Join our Team!
As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities to grow in our high-performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safety and effectively create value for our customers and shareholders.Partner with the best
As a Lead Electrical Engineer, you'll contribute to the design, fabrication, testing, and improvement of electrical components and systems. The chief focus is to meet next gen nuclear logging tool operational needs as well as cost, reliability, and maintainability targets.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Executing power and electrical component and systems testing, data analysis, and performance optimization in the laboratory and field in close alignment with project leadership and other cross-discipline team members
- Improving and maintaining advanced power supply and electrical design, prototyping, and testing protocols, laboratories, and equipment
- Contributing to documentation and change management processes for power and electronic components and systems development
- Delivering the scope of work necessary to complete above tasks on time, budget, and scope
- Coauthoring reports and delivering presentations to stakeholders to summarize research results and communicate lessons learned
- Exemplifying compliance with all applicable health, safety, environment, and export control policies and regulations
- Developing and protect of high-value intellectual property via patent submission
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or a closely related discipline
- Have 5+ years of direct, hands-on industry experience designing, prototyping, testing, and operating power, electrical components and/or systems for downhole logging tools
- Have experience in design and optimization of high voltage power supplies for particle accelerators and/or electronics for tool systems control as well as data acquisition and processing chains
- Have experience with development and/or application-optimization of high temperature photomultiplier tubes as well as the design and construction of active high voltage dividers is a plus
- Have experience in the design and construction of ion sources including beam collimation, transport, and collection systems, as well as beam diagnostic and particle identification systems including high-rate inorganic scintillators, gas field detectors, and solid-state detectors is a plus
- Have experience with nuclear signal processing approaches, workflows, and standard programming tools (e.g. MATLAB, COMSOL)
- Have fluency with standard CAD and property/process simulation software (e.g. SolidWorks, COMSOL, MATLAB)
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.