JOIN TARGET TECH AS A LEAD ENGINEER - VELA About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 30 company and one of America's leading retailers. Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely, and reliably from the inside out.
- Vela is an open-source pipeline automation toolkit built by Target.
- Pipeline automation tools equip engineers with a platform to make automating code integration and deployment strategies faster and more approachable.
- Well-documented YAML syntax lets engineers design complex code pipelines with ease.
- Built with an emphasis on code concurrency and stability, to bring speed and reliability to the forefront.
- Intuitive User Interface makes interacting with your pipelines simple.
- Built on Linux container technology and written in Golang
- Active community of engineers, working together to make amazing software even better.
As a Lead Engineer on the Vela team, you are part of an engineering team that builds and supports the vital infrastructure that allows Target engineers to code and deploy software with speed, ease, and confidence. You serve as the technical anchor for the engineering team that supports a product. You create, own and are responsible for the application architecture that best serves the product in its functional and non-functional needs. You identify and drive architectural changes to accelerate feature development or improve the quality of service (or both). You have deep and broad engineering skills and are capable of standing up an architecture in its whole on your own, but you choose to influence a wider team by acting as a "force multiplier". Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
If you are excited to help build something awesome that engineers like us use every day, learn relevant skills that will last you a lifetime, and surround yourself with talented, enthusiastic engineers that have a thirst for writing fast, clean code, then come join us!
- 7+ years of software development experience with at least one full-cycle implementation
- CI/CD Experience using Vela, Drone, Jenkins or another platform
- Demonstrates strong knowledge with current and emerging technologies in own scope of responsibility, and develops ability to apply these technologies
- Demonstrates strong domain-specific knowledge regarding Target's technology capabilities, and key competitors' products and differentiating features
- Demonstrates broad and deep expertise in multiple computer languages and frameworks (i.ie: open source, Golang, Elm). Designs, develops, and approves end-to-end functionality of a product line, platform, or infrastructure
- Understands the concepts of distributed programming and applies it to their domain
- Maintains deep technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Communicates and coordinates with project team, partners, and stakeholders
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1- for additional information.