Lead Engineer (Backend)
Location: Seattle, WA
Compensation: Attractive compensation package (lucrative Base +Bonus +Long Term Incentive plan); World-Class benefits, Unlimited PTO
Start Date: ASAP
Our Seattle client is a leader in new generation cloud-based location platform services. Their open Location Platform, enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, they empower their customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely.
Their product development team in Seattle is expanding to help realize this vision, and we are searching for a Lead Engineer with expertise building large scale distributed systems. We are looking for candidates that are entrepreneurial, have a strong sense of ownership, and are highly motivated with their own opinions who want to shape product and implement pioneering technology that matters to consumers.
- Work closely with product owners and engineers to design, implement, test and continually improve low latency and highly scalable web applications and services running on AWS.
- Mentor and assist other engineers in or out of your areas of ownership and expertise.
- Be a technical lead for key complex systems or services, working closely with other engineers and testers to deliver high quality software on time.
- Investigate, evaluate, and present new technologies for use with web applications / services.
- Develop products using agile methods and tools.
- Develop commercial grade software that is user friendly and suitable for global audience.
- Support production issues both directly and indirectly with customers.
- Lead design reviews, code reviews of your work and the work of your peer engineers.
- Lead or participate in architecture and design efforts across multiple teams.
- Work closely with other engineers and testers to deliver high quality software on time.
- M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4+ years software development experience building low latency and highly scalable commercial web applications or services.
- 4+ years’ experience with Linux, and Linux based scripting.
- 3+ years developing software with test automation or Test Driven Development.
- Exceptional service level design and programming ability.
- Expertise with Java or Scala.
- Expertise with general open source software, including but not limited to Spring, Hibernate, JAX-RS, JDBC, Web Containers, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc.).
- Expertise with Linux shell, Git (or equivalent) modern version control and continuous integration/continuous deployment using tools like Jenkins, maven etc.
- Strong understanding of DevOps model, tools and principles.
- Strong experience in data modeling techniques using relational and non-relational techniques.
- Understanding of Big Data technology, including queueing mechanisms, NoSQL storage solutions, large scale processing systems, or event/stream based processing platforms.
- Exceptional ability to troubleshoot complex distributed issues in a production environment.
- Highly entrepreneurial, flexible and hardworking willing to go the extra mile or two to get things done with high quality.
- 3+ years using AWS in production software.
- Demonstrated strong experience building commercially successful highly available cloud based systems, operating 24x7 services
- Expertise in data modeling techniques using relational and non-relational techniques.
- 2+ years’ experience using Big Data technology including some of the following: scalable queueing mechanisms like Kafka, noSQL storage solutions like Cassandra/HBase,MongoDB/Redis/DynamoDB, complex large scale processing systems like Hadoop/Spark/hive/Pig, or event/stream based processing platforms like Storm/Spark streaming/Samza/Apex/Flink.
- Understanding of statistics modeling and machine learning.
Interested candidates are encouraged to select "apply now" send their resumes for consideration.