As a Senior Engineer, you'll be part of a team that's intensely focused on the customers and the engineering community. Our Client designs, builds, and runs robust systems that extend and enhance their amazing products.
- From day one, you'll be designing, coding, testing and shipping front-end interfaces, APIs, or backend applications and microservices that ensure we deliver secure, highly reliable and scalable solutions to our customers.
- You'll collaborate closely with engineers across teams.
- They practice Chaos Engineering, so you'll be involved in the weekly Failure Friday sessions, where they deliberately break the systems, find weaknesses, and fix them proactively.
- With 10,000+ global customers and growing, you'll be solving really interesting technical challenges while helping to scale their product to keep up with demand.
- Participating in your team's on-call rotation, triaging and addressing production issues as they arise
- You have a track record of stepping up and leading successful engineering projects.
- You've had experience designing & implementing distributed and highly available systems, and have opinions about what works and what doesn't.
- You are comfortable with loosely defined requirements where you exercise your analytical skills to clarify questions, share your approach and collaborate with the rest of the team to build/test elegant solutions.
- You have a drive to get results without letting anything get in your way.
- You have a desire to stay ahead of the latest industry trends and technologies, a track record of sharing contributions to the wider engineering community and a commitment to continuous learning.
- You have experience coaching and mentoring others.
- You have an understanding of the importance of empathy: you should have an open mind to others - no matter how senior or junior they are.
- You have a calm, assertive approach to diagnosing and fixing urgent problems.
- Prior lead experience a must (you will have 3 junior developers under you)
- Ability to coach and mentor junior developers
- Strong Ruby on Rails a must
- Elixir and/or Scala a plus
- Significant development experience working on customer-facing and web-based systems.
- Familiarity developing customer-facing and web-based systems.
- Experience designing, building, and operating large systems with scalability, availability, and performance requirements.
- Experience working in an agile environment with iterative development and fast feedback.
- Mastery of at least one web programming framework (e.g. Ruby on Rails, Phoenix/Elixir, C#).
- REST-based APIs a plus
- Elasticsearch, Kafka, React are a HUGE plus
- MySQL and AWS experience a HUGE plus
- Experience with tools that ensure your high quality work makes a smooth, automated, repeatable transition from your machine to our staging and production environments