Our direct client has a Senior Managemnent Hands on Data Engineering role. Excellent communication with great presentation skills are a must. Please apply if you are interestsed in relocating to NYC., This position is remote for now but they will reopen and on site will be required.
Leader, Enterprise Data Engineering
\Responsible for articulating \ data management strategy and implementation of appropriate data warehouse, ETL and analytical technologies to support the organizational goals.
\New York, New York 10005 Remote to start
Will report to the Chief Technology Officer.
full time role could possibly be a right to hire
defining the data strategy, a data warehouse architecture, ETL design, and analytics tools used to drive academic performance and increase operational efficiency. The Leader EDE will hire and lead a team of talented employees and contractors to develop the data roadmap for SA and and design, build, and optimize SA’s foundational data architecture hosted on AWS. Imagine working for a company that has the iterative, constant improvement practices of a startup
- Work with data consumers across the enterprise to identify opportunities to use data to drive performance
- Translate these business and data requirements into an operational data warehouse “hub” that supports end user analysis needs of multiple organizational “spokes”
- Architect a well defined and performant data warehouse
- Build, optimize, and maintain source data pipelines using APIs and flat file ingestion patterns.
- Design standard methodologies, toolsets, and design patterns to build highly scalable and secure data products.
- Ensure a highly reliable and performant data environment
- Document standards, metadata, and entity and domain relationships.
- Design, build, and maintain AWS services using S3, EC2, Redshift, and more.
- Select and support appropriate Business Intelligence tools for the organization
- Contribute to the creation of a data infrastructure roadmap for SA to accommodate current and future data warehouse and operational data store needs.
- Manage standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates, and key management.
- Partner with internal Business Analysts, Data Engineers, and Data Analysts to build the full lifecycle of data products end-to-end.
- Great written and verbal skills, comfortable presenting to senior management
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- You have experience building and managing high performing data team
- You have experience designing and building a data warehouse, streaming architecture, and machine learning pipelines;
- You are familiar with reporting tools and data visualization platforms including Sisense, Looker and Tableau;
- You are experienced in ETL/ELT and workflow scheduling and with tools such as Matillion, Talend ESB, Airflow, AWS Data Pipelines, Lambda, SQS, etc.;
- You are experienced with microservices, data lakes, ELT and how to design all three in tandem
- You are experienced with driving improved data quality and governance
- You can mentor and educate teammates in best practices
- You have 3-5 years of leading a data team;