At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories and new job opportunities you may be interested in.Would you like to work with cutting-edge energy technology?
Welcome to Panametrics, a Baker Hughes business designs and manufactures a range of sensing instrumentation and sensors that that are utilised in a vast array of market segments. Panametrics is looking for a Lead FPGA Engineer to work closely with our Embedded Software and Electrical Engineering teams to design, prototype, validate, and certify next-generation industrial sensing.
Panametrics entered the ultrasonic flow market with a gas flow meter more than 50 years ago. Since then, the Panametrics brand has been known for its high-technology inline and clamp-on flow meters that handle the toughest applications and environmentsThen Join our Engineering Team
A potential applicant would work with our DSP engineers to convert C/C++ algorithms in microprocessors and DSPs to HDL, while working with our industrial communication experts to implement robust high-speed communications links to SCADA systems, and with our Electrical Engineers to implement high fidelity signal acquisition pipelines. Additionally, a potential applicant would support legacy product lines though their later life cycle stages.Take ownership of our future technology
Work Experience Fuel your passionTo be successful in this role you will
- Lead the execution of product design, validation, and certification of industrial grade embedded systems
- Evaluate system level requirements by brainstorming with Product Specialists, Product Managers, and other peers throughout the organization
- Develop system architectures for multi-channel data acquisition and signal processing products
- Support sustaining activities across a broad product portfolio
- Support the creation and implementation of process-driven design decisions (CPO; NPI and NTI; Operations, Sales, and Service support)
Nice to have:
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent from an accredited college or university
- 5+ years' experience with design and verification of complex FPGA designs in VHDL or Verilog
- Demonstrated experience with digital hardware system design, including system architecture and interfaces
- Experience with modelling and debugging HDL systems with Modelsim
- Capable of concise and effective written and verbal communication
- Practical experience with design of industrial products
- Effective communicator within technical and non-technical environments
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to perform in a team environment, across functions, and with customer and suppliers
Working with us
- Demonstrated ability to translate signal processing algorithms from C/C++ to HDL
- 5+ years' experience with Xilinx's Vivado FPGA tool chain
- Experience with Altera's Quartus FPGA tool chain
- Experience with the Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC architecture and design workflow
- Experience with the Petalinux/Yocto design workflow
- Experience with the IAR's Embedded Workbench IDE
- Experience implementing high speed communications protocol drivers
- Experience with mixed signal systems design, including low noise, and high voltage applications.
- Familiarity with reading electrical schematic and PCB layout designs
- Familiarity with C/C++ coding languages
- Familiarity with Linux operating system
- Familiarity with hardware debugging at board level using oscilloscope, bus analysers, digital multimeters, etc.
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.The Good Stuff
Our inventions have revolutionised energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Joining us, you can expect:
• Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
• Comprehensive private medical care options
• Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
• Tailored financial programs
• Additional elected or voluntary benefits
* Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.