What you'll do...What you'll do...
At H&R Block, your contributions will go far beyond any job description. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
As a Lead Field Support Technician
you'll serve an integral part of a centralized team that leads a team of Field Support Technicians for a region or assigned area. Ensure the daily operations of IT are completed timely. Coordinate and implement planned projects with seasonal FST's. Manage staffing needs, monitor labor and enforce HRB compliance. Day to day, you'll...
About H&R Block...
- Ensure clarity around various IT initiatives and in partnership with CSM and field leaders, create an execution plan to roll out for the district.
- Participate in alpha beta testing as needed.
- Lead a group of seasonal Field Systems Technicians including: staffing plans, hiring, training, scheduling, delegation, performance management, and labor management.
- Manage cases for completion, timeliness and accuracy of closure.
- Understand and recognize office hardware. Must ensure HRB hardware standards are being met in all offices.
- Comprehend communication and connectivity concepts as they relate to HRB Tax office set up scenarios (VPN, Client/Host, File Transfer, telecom data services, office cabling, etc.) and instruct others on these concepts
- Install and troubleshoot tax office and software and hardware. Must be able to understand and teach concepts and documentation to guide through the administration of unfamiliar software.
- Troubleshoot a variety of office set up issues and communicate fixes to the FST team.
- Understand documentation that is provided for office set up and have the ability to translate that information into a physical technology set up. Must be able to train concepts to seasonal FST's.
- Ability to understand and enforce the need and purpose of office and technology compliance.
- Manage and maintain inventory of district equipment and hot spare tracking & control for computer equipment in the district.
- Ensure regular communication with Company Support Manager on support issues and needs.
- Manage overall 'health' of the district from an IT perspective; proactively engage with field leaders as appropriate to ensure Health issues are addressed timely.
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation. It would be even better if you also had... If Would Be Even Better If You Had...
What you'll bring to the team... What You'll Bring to the Team...
- Computer networking certification (A+, CNA, MCP,MCSE, etc.)
- 2 years experience working with Windows 2000 and/or Windows XP.
- 2 years networking experience.
- 2 years troubleshooting experience.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent education or experience.
- 2 years of experience with Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows network configurations, and MS Office (or equivalent).
- Ability to recognize differences of opinion or understanding. Identify cause for the differences and attempt to gain consensus. Escalate if no resolution and document known facts.
- Able to read documentation and set up instructions and apply this information to each individual office. Must be able to take information, organize it, and report on it back to a team lead.
- Access to and ability to drive a motor vehicle; possession of a valid drivers license; adequate insurance coverage as required by applicable state law and a good driving record.