Embedded Software EngineerDo you enjoy being part of a successful team?Would you like to help shape and implement our Digital Solutions strategic direction?
We operate at the heart of the digital transformation of our business. From Digital Engineering to enabling employee success, the Digital Technology team is driven to provide the best products and service. We collaborate with teams to solve complex technical challenges and design future innovations.Partner with the best
Baker Hughes is looking for a Electrical Engineer to work collaboratively with Global cross functional teams to develop state of the art, next-generation industrial sensing products, solutions, and platforms.
As an Embedded Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Working as an integral member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Supporting advanced R&D work with new and emerging sensing and inspection technologies
- Evaluating product requirements by brainstorming with Product Specialists, Product Managers, and other peers throughout the organization
- Developing and sustaining hardware and firmware.
- Leading the execution of product design, validation, and certification of industrial grade embedded systems
- Performing cross platform development of C/C++ code while maintaining code quality through best practices and code quality automation
- Developing system architectures for data acquisition and signal processing products
- Supporting sustaining activities across a broad product portfolio
- Developing analog and digital signal processing electronics, either as improvements to existing designs or from scratch.
- Ensuring electrical component and system designs have appropriate analytical verification, production level validation, and field-testing.
- Ensuring that proper DFSS and DFM rigor has been applied throughout the design process.
- Leading and motivate other engineers, technicians and PCB designers in a team environment to foster a creative workplace, allowing for new ideas while embracing speed and excellence.
- Documenting work products in written form, e.g. technical notes, design specifications, journal publications
- Presenting work achievements to the team, and when appropriate to the scientific community at technical conferences
- Spend up to 25% of your time on TRS duties
To be successful in this role you will:
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- 5+ years' experience with developing embedded C/C++ applications for embedded operating systems such as Linux, Micrium uC/OS, etc. on ARM targets.
- 5+ years Altium
- Experience developing code in C# and other object-oriented languages.
- Experience with Xilinx FPGAs
- Hands-on experience with tools like Git, SVN.
- Proficient in using software/hardware debugging techniques.
- Experience with signal processing hardware design highly desirable
Work in a way that works for you
- Experience developing electronics for nuclear physics or radiation detection is highly desirable.
- Experience and success with low noise, small signal analog electronics.
- Experience designing analog to digital signal processing electronics.
- Experience developing electronics for use in extreme temperature, shock and vibration environments.
- Excellent data driven analytical skills
- Knowledge and experience relative to uncertainty and/or risk analysis
- Excellent judgment and decision making ability
- Familiarity with SAP business system
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we must push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner, and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.