Please, no third parties.
No employment sponsorship available.
Candidates in San Diego, CA are highly preferred, but fully remote candidates will be considered.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop front-end website architecture and back-end website applications, and design and develop API's.
- Design user interactions on web pages.
- Create servers and databases for functionality.
- Ensure cross-platform optimization for mobile phones and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers for web design features.
- See projects through from conception to finished product.
- Meet both technical and consumer needs.
- Stay abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
Skills & Requirements:
- 8+ years of experience with professional web development using OOP principles and design patterns.
- 5+ years of experience with PHP/Laravel development (Python and/or Java will be considered).
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field is preferred.
- Experience with REST APIs and third-party integrations using OOP principles and design patterns.
- Strong database design principles and query optimization (Postgres and/or MongoDB preferred).
- Full working proficiency with GIT.
- Linux platform experience and knowledge of Shell scripting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent priority setting and management; ability to clearly identify the most important priorities and to focus the vast majority of energy and time on them.
- Knowledge and working experience with Docker/Container architecture.
- Apache Tomcat application server, php-fpm and NGinX.
- Cloud-based software architectures, such as AWS and Azure.
- Capacity to dream big and execute with pragmatism.
tags: php developer, web developer, web applications developer, web application developer, full stack developer, full-stack developer, software engineer