Lead Full Stack Developer
GreenSky is looking for a savvy Full Stack Developer to join the Consumer and Brand Protection Team within our Corporate Security Organization. The Full Stack Developer will be responsible for developing tools used by Fraud Analysts to work cases and investigations, as well as developing data enrichment services, and data processing pipelines.
The Full Stack Developer will support our security analysts and data scientists on various data initiatives and will ensure the development architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company's applications and flows to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for designing, developing and documenting the RESTful services adhering to GreenSky architectural standards.
* Responsible for building internally facing web applications adhering to GreenSky UX standards with emphasis on user experience.
* Work closely with agile scrum team and accurately provide development updates. Partner with scrum masters in addressing the blockers/impediments to the progress.
* Participate in backlog grooming with business/product owners. Participate in sprint planning and provide estimation of the development task.
* Recommend, Influence and document the technical solutions to the complex business requirements and participate in the review of the technical design documents with development leads and architects.
* Collaborate with DevOps and development teams towards implementing the delivery plans of the projects into higher lifecycle environments and production.
* Partner with QA and UAT team members to remediate defects and delivery quality technology solutions.
* Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing application workflow, re-designing code for greater scalability, etc.
* Customize the software for visualizing data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS `big data' technologies
* Assist in the construction of analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into key business performance metrics
Work with key stakeholders, from Executives to Data Scientists, to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
Experience and Skills:
Required Technical Skills:
We are looking for a candidate with 8+ years of experience in a Software Development role, who has attained a Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. At least one full year of Lead experience
* 6+ years of software development experience utilizing object-oriented/object function languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, C#, etc. Scala and python preferred.
* 5+ years of API development experience using RESTful standards. Knowledge of API Gateway platform to manage/govern endpoints is a big plus, preferably Kong.
* 3+ years of experience using AngularJS. Knowledge of ReactJS is a big plus.
* Strong understanding of JMS and AMQP protocols. Preferable experience using ActiveMQ (JMS) and RabbitMQ (AMQP).
* Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases (e.g. Postgresql, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, Oracle)
* Good understanding of Web Services security covering SSO and OAUTH. Preferable experience with Keycloak is a plus
* Strong experience using continuous integration and build tools preferably Jenkins, Maven, GitLab and GitLab CI.
* Experience deploying and supporting APIs in a Linux/cloud environment. Preferable knowledge of AWS cloud stack. Docker/Kubernetes experience is a big plus.
* Experience using agile SDLC tools preferably Jira.
* Must be a team player and excellent communicator.
* Experience with maven or gradle build tools.
* Experience configuring CI tool preferably Jenkins or Gitlab to build, deploy and promote artifacts through the environment lifecycle. Experience configuring pipelines is a big plus.
* Experience in the healthcare, retail and/or home improvement Industries is a plus.
* Experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Storm or Spark is a plus
* Experience with Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, and Impala is a plus
Shifts: Normal Business Hours
Location: GreenSky Corporate HQ (Atlanta, GA)
Organizational: This position is a member of the GreenSky Corporate Security Team.
GreenSky is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
We strongly encourage Armed Forces Veterans to apply
Job Level: Any
Level of Education: BA/BS
Date Updated: November 05, 2018
Years of Experience: Any
Starting Date: ASAP