Lead Full Stack Java Developer Note: Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position** Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll seek challenges with flexibility and patience, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Why You'll Love This Job:
Being a member of Technology Research and Innovation (TRI) group, you will be expected to research new technologies independently and recommend appropriate solutions for various financial industry use cases. Contribute to technology-specific best practices and standards; contribute to success criteria from design through deployment, including, reliability, cost-effectiveness, performance, data integrity, maintainability, reuse, extensibility, usability and scalability; contribute expertise on significant application components, program languages, databases, and operating systems and guide less experienced staff during the build and test phases. Design and build POCs to make well-informed technology recommendations. Your Responsibilities:
Talents Needed for Success:
- Platforms - Work with Infrastructure partners to stand up development, testing, and production environments
- Requirements Elaboration - Work with the Functional Architect to ensure designs satisfy functional requirements
- Frameworks - Are aware of frameworks that promote concepts of isolation, extensibility, and extendibility
- System Performance - Contribute to solutions that satisfy performance requirements; construct test cases and strategies that account for performance requirements; tune application performance issues
- Security - implement solutions and execute test plans working with and mentoring other team members in best practice
- Standards - Be aware of technology standards and understands technical solutions need to be consistent with them
- Documentation -Develop and maintain system documentation
- Effectively manage individual and team performance, maintaining high standards for team members
- Support team in managing client expectations and resolving issues on time
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Applied Computer Science, or related field
- 5+ years or related experience.
- Passion for technology innovation, a curious mind and an entrepreneur mindset.
- Experience in both front end and back end application development
- Experience to include the following technologies: Java (J2EE, J2SE), Spring, CSS, Angular and/or React, Postgres and Oracle DBs, working knowledge of AWS services and Unix.
- Experience using the following tools: GIT, Bit Bucket, Jira, Maven, Jenkins.
- Experience with Distributed Ledger Technology Preferred. Python scripting skills, AWS developer or solutions architect certification a plus.
- Knowledge of different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. About Us About DTCC
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry's needs and we're working to continually improve the world's most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
DTCC proudly supports Flexible Work Arrangements favoring openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you'll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It's the chance to make a difference at a company that's truly one of a kind. About the Team
Serves as a dedicated technology resource for advancing DTCC's business opportunities and providing industry thought leadership for leveraging new technology. The goal of this new department is to partner internally with IT, our business and regulatory divisions and externally with clients, regulators, and fintech vendors, to help build new platforms and business models to advance DTCC's mission to support the financial markets.