- CLOUDERA ENGINEER
ALTA IT Services has a contract to hire opening for a Senior Cloudera Engineer (Administrator) to support a leading Washington DC-based health insurance customer. Work remains COVID remote with the hope of a future hybrid remote/onsite model, once pandemic conditions ease.
- Provide Cloudera (CDH) support to implementation, maintenance, and sustainment of CDH stack to include but not limited to : HDFS, Hive, Kafka, Solr, Yarn and Zookeeper
- Manage/Monitor job workflows with Oozie and Hue, Impala, Kafka, Kudu, Spark.
- Perform Health Check of Cloudera Cluster and troubleshooting on multiple environments (Dev, Multiple Test environments, Productions)
- Implement and maintaining the big data pipelines and automated data flows using Python, Java, other programming languages.
- Work closed with multiple teams (system engineer, software engineer and operation/support team) to perform/develop Cloudera solution, big data strategies.
- Support monthly maintenance jobs with corporate IT teams and monitoring systems. (Weekend support possible)
- Provide Recommendations for best practice / improvement performance and utilize hardware allocation and architecting solutions related to Cloudera components.
- Configure and manage Cloudera Data Science Workbench using Cloudera Manager.
- Perform Data warehouse migration.
- Bachelor of Science or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline with 5 years minimum experience.
- 3+ years of professional experience with Cloudera installation, configuration, debugging, tuning and administration.
- Must have Cloudera Hadoop cluster deployment experience, including but not limited to deploying a Hadoop cluster, maintaining a Hadoop cluster, adding, and removing nodes using cluster monitoring tool Cloudera Manager, configuring and upgrading the Cloudera Manager, CDH, CDSW and Kafka etc.
- Understand the Hadoop and Spark architecture and the future of distributed processing frameworks.
- Experience development of workflow pipelines and sequential data flow jobs.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of how to add, remove, and rebalance nodes in a cluster using cluster management tools.
- Experience configuring Cloudera Manager to perform administrator operations.
- Experience with a highly scalable, distributed, multi-node environment (10+ nodes)
- Experience with HDFS, running MapReduce and Spark applications in a Hadoop cluster.
- An understanding of all the Hadoop daemons along with their roles and responsibilities in the cluster.
- Solid understanding of Cloudera Data Science Workbench architecture.
- Proficiency with a modern programming language, including R, Java, and/or Python.
- Snowflake experience is huge plus.
- Cloud environment experience.
HOURLY RATE: $70/hr. range. Benefits available for W2.
For consideration, please contact Melissa McNally via
ALTA IT Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of System One, a leading provider of specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. ALTA is an established leader in IT Staffing and Services, for both government and commercial enterprises across the United States, specializing in Program & Project Management, Application Development, Cybersecurity, Data & Advanced Analytics, and Agile Transformation Services. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.