Kforce has a client that is seeking a Lead IT Engineer in Newton, MO. This position is majority in the office.
Responsibilities of a Lead IT Engineer:
* The successful Lead IT Engineer candidate will lead and participate in the implementation, administration, monitoring, support, and maintenance of the enterprise IT infrastructure, including Windows systems, Linux/Unix systems, and network infrastructure that is combines on-premises, cloud-based, and externally managed services and infrastructure
* Develop and implement strategies for new and effective use of cloud technologies, disaster recovery, and business continuity.
* Manages day-to-day options of infrastructure systems and services by monitoring performance, configuration, maintenance, and repair
* Lead IT Engineer ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance for on campus systems
* Manages the on-campus data center and systems and cloud-based services
* Provides technical management of on-premises applications and services, including physical access security, campus debit cards, and telephony
* Ensures compliance with information security policies and best practices
* Lead IT Engineer serves as primary contact for managed service provider for campus network infrastructure, coordinating responses to incidents, and managing change requests
* Manages and participates in 24x7 on-call response
* Supervises the Senior Infrastructure Engineer and any contracted Infrastructure resources
* 5+ years of experience in IT infrastructure engineering work in the Windows and Linux stack
* Tech stack: VMWare server, Windows server, Active Directory, Linux server, Microsoft 365 messaging, Azure cloud-based servers and services, physical networking, network protocols, services, and security, including TCI/IP, switching, routing, VLANs, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, and Samba; Subversion and Git, iSCSI SAN/NAS storage
* Knowledge of standard system tools and the ability to use them to automate complex system tasks
* Advanced hardware and software troubleshooting skills
* Familiarity with system, network and infrastructure logging and monitoring tools
* Ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary
* Motivated, self-starter willing to learn and apply new technologies where applicable
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.