Reports to the Director of Data and Infrastructure Management and serves a key role in the organization, working closely with senior leadership and any team within the organization as needed.
The Lead Security Architect is a hands-on advocate for the organizations total Information Security needs and is responsible for the design, build and implementation of security systems on premise and in the Cloud. The Lead Security Architect delivers a comprehensive Information Security strategy and successfully meets the objectives outlined within the strategy. The Lead Security Architect also monitors cost, evaluates emerging technologies, works within the change management practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide guidance and counsel to management and other staff regarding all aspects of Information Security.
• Experience building and migrating security programs, monitoring and tools in the AWS Cloud.
• Lead Information Security planning processes to enhance a comprehensive Information Security program for the entire organization.
• Work with Director to establish annual and long-term security goals, define security strategies, metrics and reports.
• Lead the development and implementation of effective and reasonable policies and practices to secure protected and sensitive data and ensure Information Security and compliance.
• Lead efforts to internally assess, evaluate and make recommendations regarding the adequacy of the security controls for the organization's information and technology systems.
• Support all security related audits including scope of audits, outcomes and remediation's.
• Create education and awareness programs and advise staff at all levels on security issues, best practices, and vulnerabilities.
• Keep abreast of security incidents and act as primary control point during Information Security incidents.
• Develop, implement and administer technical security standards, as well as a suite of security services and tools to address and mitigate security risk.
• Provide leadership, direction and guidance in assessing and evaluating Information Security risks and monitor compliance with security standards and appropriate policies.
• Examine impacts of new technologies on the organization's overall Information Security.
• Establish processes to review implementation of new technologies to ensure security compliance.
• Design, build and implement enterprise-class security systems.
• Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy.
• Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats.
• Design security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge.
• Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements.
• Help set strategic direction for Information Security initiatives, processes and standards.
• Research, evaluate, recommend and drive next-generation security technologies and concepts to keep security ahead of the curve.
• Conduct and attend project meetings to provide security and governance input throughout project lifecycles.
• Coordinate risk assessments of IT projects and systems. • Provide technical and operational assessment of security products based on enterprise risk in the areas of mobile, physical, endpoint, network and application development.
• Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information.
• Lead and participate in the organization’s vulnerability management strategy.
• Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices.
• Monitor computer networks for security issues, investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
• Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
• Monitor and maintain Splunk centralized logging and monitoring platform.
• Assist the Director with mentoring the Information Security team members.
• Perform penetration testing and understand red/blue team exercises.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related studies with a minimum of 6+ years of Information Technology experience relating to multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications, and network protocols. At least 5 years of experience in Information Security.
• AWS Certifications are desired.
• Strong understanding of network infrastructure.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills - including negotiation, facilitation, and consensus building skills; ability to influence and persuade, without direct control. High degree of flexibility and ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization with diverse backgrounds.
• Must have strong writing skills to effectively write detailed polices, reports, procedures, training instructions, and document system requirements.
• Cloud security knowledge across multiple cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure required.
• Experience with network security and segmentation, data security, application security, End-Point Security (desktops, laptops, servers, etc.), Mobile device security (smartphones, tablets, iPads, etc.), to include Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), Authentication and Authorization models and techniques (to include multi-factor authentication).
• Strong attention to detail.
We consider how you do your job as important as what you do, and we live our values daily.
Fairfax, VA, 22030