3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Yes, 5 % of the TimeSchedule:
Day JobRequisition Number:
202001062 Job Summary:
The Lead Infrastructure Architect
is responsible for designing, standardizing, and ensuring the integrity, security, availability, effectiveness, and efficiency of the organization's infrastructure. The Infrastructure Architect plays a role in establishing architectural vision and direction, developing infrastructure architectures, provides advice and guidance, monitors emerging infrastructure technologies, and assists in infrastructure tools and services procurements.Primary Responsibilities:Architecture Vision and Direction
Infrastructure Architecture Development
- Sets infrastructure vision and direction and drives development of infrastructure architecture strategy and long-term planning (e.g. infrastructure architecture blueprint and roadmap).
- Develops, documents, communicates, and enforces infrastructure standards, policies and procedures for standardizing infrastructure assets.
- Performs reviews of network and system designs to ensure they are consistent with the infrastructure architecture
Advice & Guidance
- Develops and maintains the infrastructure architecture with an overview of networks and systems used throughout the organization.
- Designs high-level infrastructure solutions (e.g. network, server, storage) using best practices.
- Serves as technical point interface for infrastructure for all internal initiatives reviewing designs, ensuring appropriate solutions and involving appropriate infrastructure teams.
Emerging Technology Monitoring
- Provides guidance and oversight, sharing best practices in infrastructure architecture.
- Communicates infrastructure architecture to stakeholders and other technologists.
- Monitors technology infrastructure architectures to identify, analyze, and resolve infrastructure problems.
- Performs due diligence during potential mergers and acquisitions.
- Proactively researches latest infrastructure technologies.
- Interacts with the technical and solution architects to analyze and determine infrastructure capabilities to meet business needs.
- Involved in vendor selection processes and management throughout the project lifecycle.
- Serves as technical point interface for infrastructure platform vendors, reviewing designs with vendors where appropriate and driving improved service from vendors when needed.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science degree or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 7+ years of working experience in full development life cycle and significant experience in delivering infrastructure and architecture services in a production environment.
- Working experience in the design of multi-tiered technology architecture.
- Working experience in infrastructure key technologies such as virtualization, DAS/NAS/SAN storage, LAN and WAN networking, systems security, server technologies, Windows and Unix/Linux-based operating systems, and telecom systems.
- Working experience in cloud computing concepts particularly related to IaaS and PaaS approaches
- CCIE, CCAr, TOGAF, AWS - CSA
Who We Are About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.