Why Join Altec?
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work -Safer and Smarter.- Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec-s values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values (in alphabetical order): Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for designing and developing software applications, unit testing, debugging new and/or existing software, performance tuning and optimization of existing systems.
- Complete complex programming solutions
- Lead design meetings with users or external business partners to develop complex business solutions
- Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals; Responsible for determining and achieving return on investment of development projects
- Coordinate and lead teams of Support Developers, Developers, and Senior Developers
- Prioritize tasks across team to ensure proper workflow
- Write technical documentation
- Reviewing current systems
- Provide user support to associates
- Track and maintain constant communication with the customer from the beginning to the end of any established case, issue, or concern
- Ensure appropriate software testing is defined and performed
- Remain highly adaptable
- Willingness to work outside standard business hours to resolves issues or complete special projects as needed
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelors in related discipline strongly preferred, but consideration may be given to exceptional candidates with 10 years relevant work experience.
- Advanced experience programming for ERP, large enterprise or BI systems (Oracle or Qlikview preferred)
- Project Management experience
- Minimum of 6 years programming experience with Oracle tools: SQL, Java, PL/SQL, forms, OA Framework, etc.
- Current valid Driver-s License
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated record of responsibility
- Extremely detail oriented
- Customer Service Oriented
- Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
- Maintain Company confidentiality
- Must handle stress and deadlines well
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making ability
- Good leadership ability
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Travel 0-25%
Communication with Others:
- Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results; Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.