We are in need of a Lead Java Developer for our fast-growing Florida healthcare client. This is a full-time (direct hire) position working remotely during east coast business hours. We seek candidates currently living in either the eastern or central time zones.
You are a Leader with proven experience leading, guiding and mentoring Java Developers. You have experience standardizing code, making suggestions on foundations, process and quality of code.
U.S. Citizens or holders only, please. We are unable to accept 3rd party candidates, or transfer a visa or provide sponsorship.
In this role, you will be working as an individual contributor in a growing team of 5 in the development and implementation of leading business technology applications solutions.
The primary focus will be supporting various business functions that include: Sales, Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, and Information Systems for large enterprise systems used throughout multiple locations in the US.
- Provide technical and team leadership to a team of Java Developers
- Collaborate and coordinate with IT Management, technical, and business stakeholders to define, execute, and implement development initiatives for enterprise applications.
- Architecture of the applications, as well as overseeing the work being done by other software developers working on the project as needed.
- Understanding project scope, goals, and success criteria translating to team developers and system analysts.
- Establish and document appropriate project task lists and implementation schedules as needed.
- Act as an application programming resource, or lead.
- Team coordination and work assignments meeting project milestones when required in addition to estimating design and development timeframes against business requirements
- Independently analyze and develop effective technical business solutions. Strong ability to document and communicate the solution vision, approach, work breakdown, and plan.
- Prepare and present technical solutions for assigned work to cross-functional teams.
- Participate in and conduct design and code reviews, development, and execution of quality assurance plans to ensure the system's ability to meet business requirements is fully and rigorously tested.
- Work closely with IT Database, Networking, Telecommunications, and System Infrastructure teams to provide level-3 development support for a 24x7, mission-critical environment.
- Develop and publish user and system documentation as required.
- BS Degree preferred along with at least 8 years professional experience in application and database development.
- 3+ years of experience in a Technical Leadership role with exposure to application architecture and design patterns.
- Proven experience as a Lead including performing code reviews, improving code quality, foundations, quality and processes
- Recent experience designing and developing applications in enterprise Java framework and Oracle.
- 5+ years of advanced experience with Spring Framework, J2EE, JMS, EJB, and the Weblogic technology stack
- Experience developing REST based web services; good knowledge of SOA best practices, methodologies, and standards.
- Experience with large-scale information systems projects and service delivery.
- In-depth understanding of core technology issues, including portals, web technologies, identity, and access management, knowledge workplace tools, application integration, and desktop/browser management
- Experience with change management process and use of source control
java "spring mvc" weblogic "json microservices web services restful oracle sql git jenkins api rest "unit testing" "java developer" "java engineer" javajobs