The Thematic Investing Core Infrastructure team is looking for a talented technical hands-on Software Developer Lead to build the core backend component of a few customer facing interactive web applications. This position will be focused on leading the team in development practices, operational standards, platform evolution and platform resiliency. This role will require a high level of responsibility and accountability, and yet has a support structure vital for development growth while continuing to build and grow our Thematic Investing platform. What you are good at
The Software Developer Lead for the Thematic Investing Core Platform is a hands-on development position. The lead will be considered the best developer on the team with deep technical knowledge as well as capabilities to help other team members in solving complex technical issues. The individual is responsible for design and architecture guidance for basket management capabilities, client channel integrations, and rep channel integrations. You'll work closely with other architects, technologists, and business partners to define the strategy for the team and align with Schwab organization, platform, and overall technology strategies. You will lead design discussions and mentor engineers on proper platform and application solutions. You will publish and present to technology leaders and business executives, providing thought leadership.
The Software Developer Lead works as a team member alongside the product leads, other software developers and other supporting team members to deliver a complete solution. The Software Developer Lead will be considered a subject matter expert across the various domains utilized to support Schwab's offerings and interactions with our clients. Additionally, they will be scanning the competitive landscape to keep abreast of industry and technology advancements to provide stimulation for continuous product/technology innovation. This is an opportunity to be a part of a cutting-edge team respected for products and platforms used across multiple Schwab organizations. What you have
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degrees in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of solution architecture leadership experience related to delivery of enterprise applications, platforms and services
- 6+ years of tech lead experience across multiple agile teams in a large enterprise organization.
- Strong Java backend experience including designing highly fault tolerant and scalable systems.
- Strong relational database experience.
- Hands-on working knowledge of containers, and operationalizing them in the public cloud
- Experience using cloud-native services and architecting cloud-native applications
- Analyzes software libraries, frameworks and languages and builds future road
- Works with enterprise architecture team and partner organizations to influence enterprise direction and recommend solutions. Educates team on industry best practices and drives change.
- Can solve complex problems with ambiguous or incomplete data in highly distributed systems.
- Designs enterprise-level services, systems, and architecture patterns. Builds valuable documentation and communicates effectively. An advocate and evangelist for availability, scaling, performance, and customer experience.
- Leads large projects potentially across multiple teams. Role model for other teams. Develops engineering leaders through delegation.
- Views challenges as opportunities and energizes self and others. Leads initiatives across organizational domains. Develops new systems or structures to support long-term strategy. Can measure technical risks worth taking to move a product forward. Establishes new stretch goals that accelerate objectives.
- Focuses on quality in everything you do. Continue to raise the bar and drive others to deliver high-quality products and services. Establish criteria for standard excellence with the ability to drive it forward.
- Curious about new technologies and processes. You always seek to improve yourself and everyone around you. Proactively seek and share knowledge with others outside of your organization.
Target Total Compensation - 121,000 - 242,000
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.