Who We Are?
Bectran, the industry leading SaaS platform, has grown rapidly over the last 10 years to become the companion toolkit for the Credit Department just as CRM is for the Sales Department. From simple to complex organizations, SMEs to Fortune 500 companies, Bectran has helped companies cut down the time to process and approve credit by as much as 90% whilst significantly lowering the risk of credit defaults and the cost of collections. Our customers enjoy the ease, speed and cost-effectiveness of adopting the Bectran platform. Credit Professionals in various industries have described the Bectran platform as the future of the credit department.
Lead Software Engineer
If you are looking to develop your role as a Lead Software Engineer with responsibility for mentoring and leading a team of smart engineers or you are already in this role and enjoying it? This dynamic opportunity in a fast growing and multi-technology SaaS platform is for you. As a Lead Software Engineer at Bectran, it’s essential that you have the breadth of knowledge to lead development of a contemporary SaaS-based architecture. Practical development experience using Java/J2EE and other services languages is required for the right candidate to succeed. You should be curious about technology and open to learning about and applying new innovations from the rest of the software industry. Candidates must possess very strong written and oral communication skills with proven ability to think conceptually and pragmatically; capable of communicating with senior executives and becoming a trusted advisor on Bectran technical solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Hands-on Design and Build of Java/J2EE based full stack software components
- Supervise, mentor, and coach team members assigned to the Enterprise Applications Development team
- Evaluate business and technology requirements to determine the best fit within the enterprise application infrastructure
- Be the subject matter expert on existing applications and integration within the technology footprint
- Work with our customers to maximize capabilities of existing applications
- Partner with business analyst and users to understand business requirements for administration, configuration, and support for maintenance or enhancement of existing systems
- Evaluate alternative applications and solutions to meet business capabilities and requirements
- Identify gaps in existing technology based on business capability roadmaps and determine the best way to fill the gap using existing or new applications
- Ensure applications are implemented and configured to meet business and technical requirements as well as best practices
- Work with high performing Engineering teams in Bectran offshore office locations
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Master’s degree in computer science or Equivalent
- Minimum of 10+ years hands-on design and coding experience
- Familiarity with Agile/iterative development methodologies (XP, SCRUM, etc.).
- Strong object-oriented design and Java/J2EE programming skills, including experience with leading open source frameworks, PrimeFaces, Spring and/or Hibernate and JUnit
- Solid relational DBMS skills using MySQL, PostgreSQL or other DBMS products. Working experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, ElasticSearch, Kafka, MapReduce, MongoDB, etc.) is desirable.
- Real-world experience building very large scale, high availability applications
- Experience developing web services using REST, SOAP, or XML-RPC, approaches.
What You’ll Love About Bectran:
- Developing strategic industry knowledge and driving your own success
- Watching your hard work have a direct impact on the success of the company
- 100% Company Covered Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401(k) and stock options
- Relaxed, casual dress code
As Bectran continues to expand in the Fintech SaaS industry, we are seeking intelligent, hard-working and highly skilled individuals to join our growing Engineering team. If you are ready to expand your knowledge as you solve complex problems, we want to hear from you!