Need Locals to TX only
The business unit’s SWIFT Development Team requires a full stack Java developer with 6+ years of experience, primarily responsible for high quality development and implementation to meet project/business needs related to SWIFT application re-platforming, anomalous message detection, infrastructure protection, and ongoing platform maintenance. The role requires interaction with technologists such as architects, vendors, analysts, and members of the SWIFT business community.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Hands on in technology and ensure quality code
- Write source code, adapt existing components, and test the developed components as units
- Define system requirements from a holistic perspective
- Ensure compliance to standards and best development practices
- Define and ensure compliance to standards and best practices for development including change management, release management, & source code control.
- Design, develop, and test software applications and systems changes that address business needs supporting technical solutions through the life of the project
- Responsible for migrating code deliverables and technical solutions through the development, test and production environments.
- Embrace and promote principles of Agile development, Continuous Integration/Delivery, and DevOps
- Participant effectively in daily SCRUMs, team and project meetings, calls, etc. in a wide variety of roles ranging from facilitator, to requestor, to solutions coordinator, to consultant.
- Fosters teamwork and spirit of collaboration and commitment within the project team as well as the vendor/management.
- Accountable for successful delivery of assigned work
- Identify, elevate, monitor and mitigate project risks.
Education / experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years client/server & 3-tier application development experience in Java/J2EE technologies
- Experience of a project lifecycle methodology (Agile required)
- Worked on a development team through at least 3 major development cycles
- Familiarity and comfort with command-line applications, source control, testing frameworks and other aspects of developing in large, distributed software teams
- Working knowledge of Agile development, Continuous Integration/Delivery, and DevOps’
- Excelled in quality assurance processes
- Financial services experience preferred (financial services or fund management systems
- SWIFT (SAA: Swift Alliance Access - AMH: Access Messaging Hub) experience is huge plus
- CyberSecurity, Data Transformation and Information Security experience as it relates to secure application development and implementation is a plus