As a Lead Java Developer for a large federal health insurance company, you will work with a team of developers to implement systems that support over 5 million members. The position will require expertise in Java, J2EE, EJB, JSP, JDBC, Hibernate, JMX, JMS, Log4J, AJAX, and JSF. It will also require broad knowledge of Java Open-Source technologies including Ant/Maven/Gradle, Spring Boot, Spring IO, Spring MVC, XML parser technology, J Unit and HTTP Unit. Your leadership skills will help you be successful in this role, with the ability to provide technical and project delivery guidance to ensure the team is successful in achieving the objectives of the project.
As a Lead Java Developer, You Will:
- Work cooperatively with an integrated team to quickly and successfully address any associated risks and issues.
- Provide strong technical and project leadership.
- Lead a team of developers through all phases of the SDLC.
- Possess a strong background on multi-platform system integrations.
- Have proven expertise with object-oriented analysis and design patterns/techniques with emphasis on Java/J2EE technology.
To Be Successful, You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required.
- 8+ years’ experience as a developer with an emphasis on Java, for a healthcare payer.
- 3+ years of experience leading a technical development team for a healthcare payer.
- Expertise in Java, J2EE, EJB, JSP, JDBC, Hibernate, JMX, JMS, Log4J, AJAX, and JSF.
- Broad knowledge of Java Open-Source technologies including Ant/Maven/Gradle, Spring Boot, Spring IO, Spring MVC, XML parser technology, J Unit and HTTP Unit.
- Experience using WebSphere Application Server.
- Application performance tuning skills.
- Web application development and analytical (i.e. requirements gathering) skills.
- Experience leveraging software development best practices (RUP, XP, Agile).
- Excellent analytical, planning and communication skill sets.
- Strong consulting and stakeholder management skills and the ability to build and foster internal relationships.
Bonus Points if you have:
- Knowledge of Apache Wicket is preferred.
- Software architecture design background is preferred.
- Significant experience with a health payer organization.
We Hire Great People. Period.
If this description sounds like you and if you’re a Lead Java Developer rockstar - then we want to hear from you.
Why Work at xScion?
- We have an amazing culture – We were named a ‘Best Place to Work in VA’ for the last 3 years (2016, 2017 & 2018).
- We are poised for rapid growth – We are on the cutting edge of digital transformation in healthcare and finance and continuously welcoming new clients to the xScion family.
- We believe in your continuous development – We invest in our teams’ development, paying for certifications and trainings to improve their skills because we are committed to being the best at what we do.
- You’ll work with the best – We only hire great people.
- And because we truly care about you and our clients. - We are run by real people for real people, creating flexibility, balance, respect and fun in the workplace.
We Offer Great Benefits:
We not only offer standard benefits like great medical, dental, 401(k) match, flex spending and more, but we also offer unique perks such 11 holidays (including your birthday!), 3 weeks of paid time off, company events, games, and many other things that inspire balance and flexibility.
We’re Transforming Businesses…
xScion is a woman-owned NextGen Technology Consulting Firm that helps companies modernize their IT and business operations. We support leading Healthcare and Financial Services companies through innovative solutions including AppDev, DevOps, Data Services and Agile Transformation.
Want to Learn More about xScion?
Check us at out on www.xscion.com or socially at LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor.
At xScion, we celebrate diversity in all forms. xScion is an Equal Opportunity Employer- Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.