At Schwab, we seek to transform people's lives by changing the way the world invests. We craft innovative investing solutions for the consumer on Main Street and take pride in our consumer-focused culture of quality and excellence. Schwab is in an exciting stage of re-architecting and rebuilding our core enterprise software platforms to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. Our software engineers are hands-on developers who excel in a dynamic, fast paced, and agile environment. We are passionate about developing high quality, high performance, and scalable software. Sound like a team you'd like to join? We'd love to hear from you! We have opportunities for full stack, front-end-focused, and back-end focused engineers. Regardless of your interests, as an employee at Schwab we're happy to provide you with attractive benefits and professional growth opportunities. Workplace Flexibility Program:
We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work - whether that's in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference *
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees. What you are good at
What you have
- Develop and maintain Java based components and interface in an agile environment
- Perform system design, specification development, program logic and flow-charting, unit testing, debugging, and documentation
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code and ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives, technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Lead code reviews and mentor junior team members
- Partner with BA/QA/Support team to complete development by coordinating requirements, schedules and activities;
- Provide end user support by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Identify technology risks early and establish mitigation plan
- Collaborate across a large program to understand downstream/upstream system functionality, integrations, design considerations and troubleshooting defects
- Participate in client interactions, possibly with more senior team members, to develop system solutions to business problems
- Advanced technical skills:
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Engineering OR equivalent discipline
- Advanced Java development skills, typically built through 6+ years of applicable experience developing in Java/Spring
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns is a must.
- Experience tuning and maximizing performance
- Experience in research and analysis to perform product design tasks of moderate to high complexity
- Ability to troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Takes ownership of a project by proactively determining tasks, anticipating problems and offering solutions with the ability to "fill in the blanks" when lacking clear direction.
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
- Advanced people skills:
- Demonstrated ability and interest in coaching and mentoring other engineers
- Ability to lead application and platform architecture design sessions
- Ability to effectively communicate complex architecture designs to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Effective relationship builder: ability to partner cross-functionally, cross-enterprise and work effectively with various levels of the organization
- 5+ years of experience in client and server side development with experience in Java & J2EE ·
- Experience with OOA/OOD, distributed systems/software, real time processing, relational database systems, messaging systems; Agile and test-driven development; Rich UI frameworks; APIs and application development frameworks (e.g. Spring);
- Experience with Build, deploy and test automation tools (e.g.- gradle, Ant, Maven, Hudson, Jenkins, Junit, Test NJ or similar tools) ·
- Experience with Cloud Technologies such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Target Total Compensation -$121,000 - 242,000
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.