Please send me your resume to yugandher@iconma dot com or call me on (703) 794-2324 for immediate consideration.
Sr Java Full Stack Developer/ Lead
Location: McLean, VA
Duration: 9-10 months with possible contract to hire
In this role the candidate will get to show off your chops as a full stack software engineer influencing outcomes, guiding transformation, putting your stamp on how the team and organization evolves. The journey is wide open with possibilities here are a few things that you will need to have:
Keys to Success in this role:
- You embrace change and innovation push the boundaries of what is possible
- You embody Agile delivery at the core of your culture and are experienced and ready for a modernized delivery environment
- You are rock solid on your tech you will be driving team and organizational direction on solutions & architecture you need to know the modern approaches as well as where all the landmines are.
- You’ve got the full stack covered with all key modern languages under your belt. You’re going to have to get into all parts of the code, as well as implement some of it, so you will need to know this stuff up and down
- Proven success coaching and transforming technical teams to shift to modern execution model
- You will be a mentor to the team driving full (and correct) adoption of modern software engineering & Delivery practices (“Real” Agile, TDD, Stateless Design, Microservices, Containerization, CI/CD, Cloud, etc.)
- Deep knowledge and experience in designing for and implementing solutions in the cloud (AWS, Azure, Google) this can range from custom code on IaaS/PaaS to SaaS solution integrations.
- Strong communication skills, you will be responsible for interfacing and influencing with the business lines as well as others across IT.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience; advanced studies/degree preferred.
- At least 5 years, engineering quality full-stack solutions. If coding is like breathing…you’ve probably found the right position.
High Level Tech Skills (we are sure you will have more):
- Languages: Java, AngularJS, node.js
- Modern Tools: RedHat Fuse, jBPM or Drools, Atlassian Suite (Bamboo, Jira, Bitbucket), Git, Jenkins, Cucumber
- DBs: SQL, Mongo, Postgres
- Cloud: AWS, Azure, Google
- Other: OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes
- Obviously looking for strong understanding and implementation of tried and true as well as modern design patterns and architectural principles.
Should be able to work with the new propose Digital Transformation tech-stack (JBOSS etc.), including Angular JS etc. Additionally, wear multiple hats, SDET etc