Job Title: Development Lead
Job Location: Denver, CO
Excelacom is a consulting and technology solutions company with a focus on Communications and Media providers. At our core, we partner with our clients to solve their complex business, technology and operational challenges through a combination of consulting expertise and telecom-focused product solutions.
Our consulting teams optimize existing systems and work on an accelerated timeline using innovative approaches and best practices that minimize risk and maximize return to improve business and operational performance without costly technology transformations.
Excelacom is a global company and is headquartered in the United States in Reston, VA, outside of Washington, D.C., with offices in North America and Europe as well as a technology center in Chennai, India.
The Development Lead will be tasked with aligning with the existing development team with hands on development skills. This individual will need to review and co-ordinate with offshore team on deliverables with short turnaround times.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Align with the existing onshore platform development team and start supporting development efforts immediately while effectively managing small offshore development team
- Lead design, develop, test, and implementation efforts in accordance with established standards
- Coordinate assignments and support in evaluating workload, assignments, quality, and skillsets.
- Champion alignment to best-practice methodologies.
- Lead design and code reviews.
- Mentor and build skills across the team through effective standards setting, code reviews, and pairing.
- Ensure the team is meeting goals by adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years professional experience in a hands-on development role
- 2+ years’ experience in a Lead or Managerial Development role
- 1 - 2 years of experience in Consulting (US-based or foreign)
- Additional technical experience includes: JIRA, Python, Integration, MongoDB and ReactJS
- Professional experience working with a remote team
- Agile-styled meetings, planning, and reporting
- Experience with reporting work through Jira or similar project management software
- Experience with task management through Jira or similar project management software
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Eagerness to take initiative and desire to achieve subject matter expertise in the program
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment and being part of a great team
- Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
Excelacom, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Any decision affecting employment, compensation, promotion, or transfer will be based solely on personal qualifications and merit, regardless of sex, race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability, age, results of genetic testing, service in the military, pregnancy, childbirth or other related medical conditions or any other factor protected under applicable law.